The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old February 12, 2007, 02:34 PM   #1
M3Cosmos

Going to Pittsburgh... can I have my weapon?

I live in Columbia, SC and my CWP app is currently being processed by SLED (not more than 2 months to go ).
I work for a property management company that has houses all over the eastern US. Next weekend, my coworker, boss, and I are going to visit many of our houses that we have in Pittsburgh... the bad parts of Pittsburgh. Last time my coworker went up there he was quite frightened by the neighborhood people yelling threats, vagrants squatting in our houses, and just people giving him mean looks.
My question is, would it be legal for me to have my firearm in the car during this trip?
If I ABSOLUTELY (I repeat, ABSOLUTELY) had to use it while investigating our homes in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas, could I (legally)?

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Josh
Old February 12, 2007, 02:45 PM   #2
AR15FAN

Best advice is to call the local police firearms unit or the town if they control it, and ask someone in charge. Better to get in writing if they have a code book or firearms policy, that way you can back up what you did if the need arises.
Old February 12, 2007, 11:45 PM   #3
rugerp95dc

if you find out that you cannot carry your firearm legally I would by Fox pepper spray. it has 5.3 million shu's and it hurts like hell. it'll give u some time to run back to your car if u need to.
Old February 13, 2007, 01:06 AM   #4
M3Cosmos

I found out that something like pepper spray would be my best bet. Although the company I work for owns the property that we would be visiting, there is still too much legal finagling if anything happened. Besides that, I couldn't even legally transport the weapon there until I get my CWP.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Josh
Old February 13, 2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Invicta

in Pennsylvania you cannot have a loaded gun in your car without a concealed weapons permit. you can have a gun in your car but the ammo must be kept separate from the gun. check out packing.org
Old February 14, 2007, 09:12 AM   #6
Vitamin G

In PA you need a permit to conceal...

Carry openly

(Or get the non-res permit, which is also super-easy)