The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 11, 2005, 08:00 PM   #1
500 Magnum

How to do Pictures??

How do you add pictures to a new post?
Old January 11, 2005, 08:49 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

I see you figured out how to add attachments in your 500 Mag revolver thread (beautiful revolver, BTW ). If you want to have those attachments show up as images in your post:
1) upload the attachments and submit the post (as you've already done)
2) open each attachment, one at a time, and copy the URL address from the properties of the image (do a right click on the image to see the properties)
3) edit the post and paste the URL in the post
4) surround that URL with the tags [ img] <the URL> [ /img]
(But don't include the initial space in the tags I have included so that they will show up here.)
5) repeat 2 through 4 for each attachment

For example, your first picture has the URL:
http:// www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11338

If you surround it with the img tags, it'll turn into:

If you have a link to a picture from outside TFL, simply surround it with the img tags as above.
Old January 26, 2005, 04:21 PM   #3
snacktrack

Hey Mal,

I understand the tags thing, but how do you actually upload the attachment to your server? I cant figure it out. In my forums that I administrate, there is an insert image button in the compose window and you just select the file form your computer, and it automatically uploads it and inserts it into the post. ; )

Also, I think everyone here on the board would enjoy using avatars(small picture icons) next to their name, to show off their gun, or whatever they use to identify themselves. Can we do it? Pretty please?
Old January 26, 2005, 04:42 PM   #4
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

snacktrack - Regarding avatars: Don't hold your breath. It just isn't going to happen. TFL is about substance over style, signal over noise, etc.

Under the "Reply to Thread" box is a box entitled, "Additional Options." In that box is the subheader to "Attach Files" Just click the "Manage Attachments" button and follow the directions.

Hope this helps.

-Dave
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old January 26, 2005, 05:21 PM   #5
snacktrack

oh thanks, duh...i wasnt scrolling down far enough, i didnt even see the additional options. thanks a bunch!

no avatars? awww, shucks. ok ill live. can we at least do a poll to see if people would like to?
Old January 26, 2005, 05:30 PM   #6
Mal H
Staff

"can we at least do a poll ..."

Not necessary. There have already been requests and, I think, a poll or two concerning avatars. The answer will remain the same.

The members let us know who they are through their names, and even more importantly, through their words.