The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 20, 2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Tomjohn

Winchester 94 - Finger Lever Stop Pin Screw?

I've burned through all the internet resources I could find and can't come up with a finger lever pin stop screw for a post-64 (1981) top eject 30-30. Some places have them listed but are out. I've tried Midway, Brownells, Hoosier Gun Works, Numrich, Gunpartscorp, Winchester Bob's, Homesteadfirearms, Thegunrack, and even Ebay.... My understanding is that the screw has to be specifically for a post-64 top eject.

Anybody have any ideas?
Old January 20, 2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Tomjohn

Oh, - and I also checked with Wisner's.....
Old January 20, 2011, 07:07 PM   #3
PetahW

GOOGLE can be YOUR friend: http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/...ROD/U344910080

This was, like, less than one minute after googling: "winchester 94 finger lever pin stop screw"

Old January 21, 2011, 07:15 AM   #4
milo-2

Try this one.
www.chasjonesgunparts.com
Old January 21, 2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Tomjohn

I had already tried both MGW and Chasjones (I guess I should have gone back and checked on all the places I looked). MGW's site says "fits most Winchester 94s", but I don't know if that means it fits post-64 top ejects. I do know the pre-64s don't fit post 64s. I ordered one anyway, but it won't arrive until late next week and I don't know if it will be the right one. I called MGW but they are closed for inventory and all I got was a recording. Chasjones only lists the screw for pre-64s.
Old March 2, 2012, 05:17 PM   #6
MrChilly

I´ll pick this thread up a bit.
I´ve gotten myself a Winchester 94 MFG in 1976. It´s in a really good shape metalwise, no rust or pitting, all the blue is still intact. However, someone, somewhere a long time ago mounted a scope to it, and since it´s a top eject, it had to be the sidemount. So, during the years passed, the lever pin stop screw was lost, aswell as the plug screws for the rear mounting screws. Anyone know what threads these screws are? Both the front, bigger one, (finger lever pin stop screw), and the smaller rear ones.
Much abliged if someone would help me out here, since it´s near impossible to get a hold of original screws here in Sweden.
Thank´s!
Dennis