The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 27, 2011, 06:28 PM   #126
TylerD45ACP

Nice Post, Ringolevio people need fights. It gives them valuable experience on winning and defeat. Every person needs to win a hard fight and get their A$$ kicked in their life, both have happened to me. I believe it has helped my general outlook on life. I think I might know who that 1 GUY is and Id like to teach him .
Old July 27, 2011, 07:02 PM   #127
JerryM

This is an incredibly strange thread. In a life or death situation what is dirty, and who is concerned about it???
Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old July 27, 2011, 07:11 PM   #128
TylerD45ACP

It is a strange thread, you fight to survive. No such thing as dirty in life or death.
Old July 27, 2011, 07:37 PM   #129
pvt.Long

I always carry one of my Kabars just in case, Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. I was trained by TDCJ and I wont resist using any technique, and or hitting any pressure point if I need to.
Old July 27, 2011, 07:46 PM   #130
TylerD45ACP

I carry a Buck Quickfire 2 3/4" blade on me at all times, especially when I dont have my piece. It's a handy knife for cutting things and would work if I needed it for something serious, springs out in a flash.
Old July 27, 2011, 07:50 PM   #131
Gregmat

Dirty

The only people who think some tactics are dirty are those who on the losing end!
Old July 27, 2011, 08:03 PM   #132
TylerD45ACP

Yep
Old July 27, 2011, 08:36 PM   #133
kaylorinhi

History is written by the winner.
Old July 28, 2011, 09:50 AM   #134
irish52084

It's seems like a strange thread, because it is. I started it because I have heard some talk about how you should conduct yourself during a fight and I found it rather absurd that people would limit themselves under serious threat of injury or death.

I find it ludicrous to not fight dirty and I have since I was young. I got some good early lessons in fighting and how to approach it, hit first, hit hard and make sure they stay down. I also learned what it's like to lose and win, got that lesson weekly for a few years while training with grown men at the age of 11-14. It's tough to win against men when you're a boy, but it taught me some valuable lessons.
Old July 28, 2011, 10:36 AM   #135
BlueTrain

History may be written by the winner but different histories are written by the different elements in the story. Right after the way, the generals write their stories. The privates write their stories another 30 or 40 years later. But Churchill said, "History will be kind to me, because I intend to write it."
Buy War Bonds.
Old July 29, 2011, 10:59 PM   #136
TylerD45ACP

@Irish52084 I completley agree and believe every person should have one good whoopin in their life time. I have had more than one and it did teach me valuable lessons. I have grown up alot since those days but have learned a lot from them too. Now I can put my knowledge to good intellegent use for SD.
Old July 29, 2011, 11:16 PM   #137
egor20

Quote:
IMHO a "fair" is a place to look at horses, sheep and goats, eat cotton candy and ride the ferris wheel. A fight is a bit different. I prefer fairs myself.

Had my Nieces kid over the other day, he likes horses, sheep, not so much goats.

dang near put me down, he's taking Kung /Tia/ chung something other.

I'm an old and sneaky Bosun, I won, the kids got 3" and 40lbs on me.

I'll teach him the Not-So-Fair stuff later.

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old July 31, 2011, 11:05 AM   #138
ojibweindian

Quote:
I don't know how many of us have thought about this, so I thought I'd bring it up.

How hard and dirty are you willing to fight in a street fight? ...
I don't fight. I haven't been in a fight for decades. I just want to be left alone.
Old July 31, 2011, 12:14 PM   #139
SilentHitz

I'm 57 years old, and have been in a wheelchair since I was 28...I don't mess with anyone and expect the same. My fist fighting ended years ago, so if anyone is stupid enough to grab or hit me they get shot...period.

If they have arms and legs that work, they are armed as far as I'm concerned. A jury can do whatever the hell they want to do with me...I'm too old to give a crap. I never fought "fair" anyways, Dad told me to never start a fight and if some one else did, do whatever it takes to get him off ur ass. If he's bigger get a damn baseball bat, brick bat, or anything else you can get your hands on. I did and not many people made the same mistake their buddies did.

http://k5fv.com/
Old July 31, 2011, 03:15 PM   #140
Gossettc68

Like most other posters have stated " No rules "

I try to avoid confrontation at all costs, I don't want to get hurt and I hate seeing other people hurt...That being said if I am forced into a physical altercation I will probably be sued and have to buy the guy a new set of eyes, ears balls and whatever else I rip off.

But I will try to avoid fighting at all costs.
Old August 4, 2011, 06:49 PM   #141
Mike Wazowski

Like most of the replies up to this point, at 55 years old - "I ain't as good as I once was".

I have been fortunate enough to stay away from trouble, but should some one persist to the point of endangering me and mine, I will oblige with everything at my disposal, to my end, or theirs.
Old August 7, 2011, 08:26 PM   #142
EMB135Driver

If you're forced to fight, fight to win. Do more damage to your opponent in a shorter time than he does to you, using any means necessary.

30MM General Electric GAU-8A Avenger Cannon.....you don't want any of this pain :-)
Old August 12, 2011, 10:52 PM   #143
Detachment Charlie

I am officially disabled (S.S).
Years ago, I'd fight you just for the satisfaction of beating your bleeding ass into the ground.
Today, I adhere to Robert Heinlen's Advice:
"Don't fight an old man. He's too old to fight; he'll just kill you."
Seriously.
You know you're in trouble when he pulls out his 1911, and in real deep **** when he pulls a 6" blade to carve your ass up and smiles at you.

The U.N. is a criminal organization.