The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 14, 2019, 01:38 PM   #51
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Quote:
Who's a Gun nut?
Those who: sell or give a firearm away & immediately there after suffer a nagging case of >gun remorse< for the rest of their life.

Don't dare to ask for it back because they don't want to be labeled a Indian Giver or the Gun Nut he deliberately hosed the Buyer in its selling price.
Old January 14, 2019, 07:46 PM   #52
littlebikerider

When you walk into Walmart and go directly to look at guns, ammo, accessories and.... didn't I come for something.... oh yeah, groceries!
Old January 14, 2019, 08:45 PM   #53
Scorch

When somebody offers you a box of 5 guns and parts and you say "what am I supposed to do with the 50 I already own?"
Old January 15, 2019, 10:52 AM   #54
Wag

When you just KNOW your safe is full but you manage to rearrange and squeeze another three in there. Just barely.

OR, if you claim your gun safe is full just so you can buy another one.

--Wag--
Old January 15, 2019, 11:52 AM   #55
Skans

Quote:
OR, if you claim your gun safe is full just so you can buy another one.
In my case this was true, and I still needed the old safe too!
Old January 15, 2019, 10:16 PM   #56
weblance

Hi... My Name is Weblance, and I'm a Gun Nut

When you sleep in your car, in front of the gunshop... waiting for them to open in the morning, because they have your transfer...

Yup... been there... done that...
Old January 16, 2019, 10:38 AM   #57
Wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblance View Post
When you sleep in your car, in front of the gunshop... waiting for them to open in the morning, because they have your transfer...

Yup... been there... done that...
Assuming you can even sleep. And it's not even Christmas!

Yup. Done that........ :-)

--Wag--
Old January 17, 2019, 06:39 AM   #58
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
When somebody offers you a box of 5 guns and parts and you say "what am I supposed to do with the 50 I already own?"
Or you grin and accept them without even wondering what you'll do with those 50.
Old January 17, 2019, 07:43 AM   #59
Mike Irwin
Staff

In my case it's when I realize that I've filled BOTH of my gun safes, and I still have guns hanging out in closets because they won't fit in the safes.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 17, 2019, 08:00 AM   #60
Wag

When a rifle (or ten) hanging on your living room wall is your idea of "artwork."

--Wag--
Old January 17, 2019, 09:02 AM   #61
Ed4032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Fifty?? Uhh... that just past a starter set.
Old January 17, 2019, 09:56 AM   #62
Glenn E. Meyer

You have a box of parts whose purpose, function and what they fit into are completely unknown.

You still have a box of holsters for guns you no longer have because someday you might have one again.

The amount of gun related email outweighs the Nigerian money offers and you actually read the NRA wine club email.
Old January 17, 2019, 02:59 PM   #63
mellow_c

Glenn,

You read the NRA wine club email?

You win
Old January 17, 2019, 10:17 PM   #64
CharlieSW

When your daughter-in-law gives you an ornament shaped like a revolver for Christmas...
Old January 17, 2019, 10:48 PM   #65
MoArk Willy

When your bedroom dresser drawer has holsters instead of clothes.
Old January 17, 2019, 11:04 PM   #66
M88

When you have 49 or 59 etc guns and you go out and buy one more to make it an even 50 or 60!
Old January 18, 2019, 01:20 PM   #67
cc-hangfire

When your wife comes home from a weekend with the girls, finds the gun cabinet you just installed in the back bedroom closet & asks sarcastically “Do we have a closet without a gun safe?”
And the answer is “No.”
Old January 18, 2019, 03:40 PM   #68
mellow_c

Are you a gun nut, aka dedicated firearms enthusiast questionnaire. . .

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting a real good laugh out of all of these!

Here is a short questionnaire to change things up a bit.

1. Has there been a day in recent history where you have not put some serious thought in to anything related to firearms?

2. Has there been a day in recent history where you have not laid your hands or eyes on something related to firearms?

3. Deep down, in all honesty, is there actually an end to the list of firearms that you hope to someday own?

4. Are all of your firearm projects currently complete?

5. Is there any model of firearm that you would not find pleasure in owning so long as it worked as well as could be expected for that particular model?

If you answered Yes to one ore more of these questions then there may still be hope for you, or you need to put in a bit more effort (depending on what your hopes and intentions are)

If you answered No to all of these questions, congratulations! You are a dedicated firearms enthusiast! Aka, gun nut.

*Disclaimer*
This is just my opinion. There may certainly be other or alternate qualifications required to achieve the status of dedicated firearms enthusiast. And like anything, there are different levels or degrees.

Last edited by mellow_c; January 18, 2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old January 18, 2019, 06:11 PM   #69
M88

1)no
2)no
3)no
4)no
5)no
Old January 19, 2019, 11:14 AM   #70
Glenn E. Meyer

You continue to read a 9 pages thread that is about why someone hates Glocks or can't shoot them because of the grip angle and you are not a moderator.
Old January 19, 2019, 04:45 PM   #71
Pahoo

Just like being a kid on Christmas morning.

When regardless of your age, you are excited to bring home a new member to your safe communitive. ……

Once told my wife that she was my #1 "Love" and firearms was my #1 passion.

She said it was time to negotiate a little trade-off …..

Be Safe !!!
Old January 20, 2019, 10:14 AM   #72
Wag

When you spend the first three days of your vacation just touring gun shops in a town that is much bigger than yours and has a lot more gun stores. (Last year when I was in Phoenix. I started at the North end of the valley and worked my way South. Yes, it took me three days. Halfway through the first day, I had to buy a charger for my phone because I ran my battery completely out using GPS to find each store! I also had to change hotel rooms from the North end to the South end to save on travel time the third day!)

When you walk into a gun store "just to look and...." (You know the rest.)

When you walk into a gun store "just to look" but you don't buy anything because there's too much stuff to buy.

When you walk into several gun stores (see vacation item above) and keep finding stuff you want to buy but you keep looking for that better deal because you just want to see all of the rest of the gun stores.

--Wag--
Old January 20, 2019, 12:35 PM   #73
Spats McGee
Staff

When you try to tell your wife that you "didn't buy a new gun," but she knows you traded for one before you even finish the sentence.
Old January 20, 2019, 01:16 PM   #74
peterg7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
When you spend the first three days of your vacation just touring gun shops in a town that is much bigger than yours and has a lot more gun stores. (Last year when I was in Phoenix. I started at the North end of the valley and worked my way South. Yes, it took me three days. Halfway through the first day, I had to buy a charger for my phone because I ran my battery completely out using GPS to find each store! I also had to change hotel rooms from the North end to the South end to save on travel time the third day!)

When you walk into a gun store "just to look and...." (You know the rest.)

When you walk into a gun store "just to look" but you don't buy anything because there's too much stuff to buy.

When you walk into several gun stores (see vacation item above) and keep finding stuff you want to buy but you keep looking for that better deal because you just want to see all of the rest of the gun stores.

--Wag--

You plan a vacation to New York and the only two places on the itinerary are Remington factory and Baseball hall of Fame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old January 20, 2019, 09:10 PM   #75
Vicki lynn

When you make wind chimes out of cartridges