The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 7, 2013, 10:11 AM   #1
woodnbow

1860 Army parts?

I'm looking for a bolt or two also a hand. I've got a sick Centaure and I'm told the Pietta's can be made to fit. Anyone got spares rattling around in a parts bin?
Old March 7, 2013, 08:25 PM   #2
BirchOrr

May be able to help...

... not that I have the parts but know someone who might. Went to my goodpals today (BP gunsmith) looking for non-existant parts myself. He had them in his shop and in short order, I was out the door. Can you send me pics of what you need?

Birch
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...
Old March 7, 2013, 08:31 PM   #3
woodnbow

Parts number 12 and 7 in the diagram... Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pietta parts.jpg (10.1 KB, 28 views)
Old March 7, 2013, 09:06 PM   #4
BirchOrr

See...

... http://www.coltparts.com/pt_60army.html
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...
Old March 7, 2013, 09:24 PM   #5
woodnbow

That's better, number 4 the bolt and number 10 the hand and spring. Thanks!
Old March 7, 2013, 09:35 PM   #6
BirchOrr

Yes...

... This digram is more clear.

So... I see Part #4 is $19.95 and Part #10 is $29.50 also seems to be in stock. How else can I help?

Birch
Old March 7, 2013, 10:55 PM   #7
woodnbow

I'll take it from there Birch, Thanks!
Old March 8, 2013, 05:41 PM   #8
BirchOrr

Excellent!

Birch
Old March 9, 2013, 12:38 PM   #9
woodnbow

Birch, thanks for your input, I decided to ship it to a smith since the parts will need to be hand fitted to the revolver. He has all the parts in stock so should be able to do the job quickly and easily. And his price was more than fair... I'll report back when I see the pistol again!
Old March 9, 2013, 01:41 PM   #10
BirchOrr

^^^

Git er shootin!!!!:

Birch
Old March 9, 2013, 08:50 PM   #11
James K
Member In Memoriam

FWIW, the lockwork of the 1860 and the 1851 is the same, so if someone says they don't have 60 Army parts ask about 51 Navy parts.

Jim