The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old November 21, 2019, 11:00 PM   #1
Doc Holliday 1950

need advice for a G43X suppressor

My GS hase a treaded barrel for my g43X which I would derly like to buy. What are the Forums thoughts on getting a g43x with suppressor.
1- will it ruin my Glock 43x?
2- will C43Xsnake problems where furtger doen the adage
4-m lili we live out in thE Country & I'm quite partial to my dod.& neighbors My LILI has alfedy learned to be protector, she get over chasing the little lixzzardstree imes over can from her.

Thanks you in the beginning, in the answers 'v have not yet tought it ut

Don

Doc

Last edited by Doc Holliday 1950; November 21, 2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old November 22, 2019, 10:02 AM   #2
9x19

Quote:
My GS hase a treaded barrel for my g43X which I would derly like to buy. What are the Forums thoughts on getting a g43x with suppressor.
4-m lili we live out in thE Country & I'm quite partial to my dod.& neighbors My LILI has alfedy learned to be protector, she get over chasing the little lixzzardstree imes over can from her.

Thanks you in the beginning, in the answers 'v have not yet tought it ut

Don
I hope Doc makes a full recovery.
Old November 22, 2019, 05:27 PM   #3
Willie Lowman

English. Do you speak it?
Old November 22, 2019, 09:41 PM   #4
Theohazard

Be easy on Doc. He’s a well-established TFL member and all his previous posts that I’ve seen have been written normally. I don’t know what happened here, but I’m sure he’ll be back at some point to edit this one so we can get a better idea what he’s asking.
Old December 2, 2019, 12:22 AM   #5
Doc Holliday 1950

Sorry members my wife Adriane he gone into full blown Demenetia from July to now . she reognixises me but dose no tknow my real nameand\m
knows shes safe with me I hade the lock up all pispitols& revlvers to protect her and it bfoke our hearts no to go shooting anymore. We enjoyed the competition so much.

I apologise for skrewing up the orioginal posts The Moral is don't post while drunk or impaired
Doc

Doc
Old December 2, 2019, 01:31 AM   #6
dyl

Optics planet has one for 150'ish with free shipping, and may have a Cyber Monday 11% off deal going if you input a code somewhere.

So sorry to hear about your wife, it must be so difficult.

Quote:
1) A threaded barrel will not ruin the host gun (any halfway decent one, I've never seen a truly poorly made threaded barrel). It would protrude past the slide by about 1/2 inch, and hopefully comes with a thread protector. If not screw-on thread protectors can be had for about 10-15 dollars. 9mm is usually threaded in 1/2 x 28. The only thing different about carrying with a threaded barrel is that if you want to remove the barrel and you have the thread protector on, you have to unscrew it first so that the barrel can be removed from the slide. Otherwise, the thread protector is too wide.

2) ?? If this is a question about down range accuracy, silencers may shift the point of impact an inch or so at 25 yards but group size should be the same or better

4) I'm hearing that your dog is a protector. If you follow the NFA rules about procuring a silencer, the ATF should not be stopping by and endangering your wonderful dog.