The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 14, 2011, 04:45 PM   #1
ESI Agent

Not happy with turners

I ordered a Ruger SP101 8 shot 22 from Turners outdoorsmen and in fact was the first person in the store to order and pay it off in full and have been waiting for the firearm to show up. I called the store last night and was advised that they just had a number of them arrive. Went to DROs the firearm today and was advised that they were already drosed to others and I would harve to wait for a new shipment no one knowing when their next shipment will arrive. Maybe IM over reacting but it just pisses me off with the poor service in this regard. Considering terminating my order if it does not come in next week.
Old October 14, 2011, 04:50 PM   #2
Crosshair

That's just totally unacceptable. Selling your gun out from under you. It's one thing if they had been waiting for you to pick it up for 6 weeks, a completely different thing for them to sell it off 12 hours after telling you they had it. Someone screwed up badly.
Old October 14, 2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Clifford L. Hughes

Esi Agent:

I worked for Turners for ten years. They have many stored in Southern California. What store did you visit. How do you know that you was the first one in the chain to order your SP 101? There might have been others in the chain that predated yours. Turners is a reputable store that has every customer's satisfation at heart.

Semper Fi.

Gunnery sergeant
Clifford L. Hughes
USMC Retired
Old October 14, 2011, 05:35 PM   #4
ESI Agent

I was told by their sells rep who wrote it up that I was the first person in that store to order that firearm. They did get a number of them sent to that store because I asked to see one. They did show me one and I will say that they did make a significant effort when I was there to find another one at other stores and their warehouse but could not locate one. Maybe IM making a bigger deal then it is, I do understand people make mistakes,no one died I just think things should be done to change the way they do things in regard to new orders.Like take care of orders in the order of them being sold. I rather not mention the store.
Old October 14, 2011, 06:41 PM   #5
bedbugbilly

ESI - if the facts are as you presented - I'd be P.O.'d as well. If you had alreacy ponied up for the pistol and they pulled this on you - they should make it right - perhaps a discount for your troubles and their mistake? or some ammunition to use in the pistol.

I'm not familiar with the store as I live in the mid-west in the summer. I did have an inconvenience when I ordered my New Vaquero at the LGS back there. I paid for it in full and two different times, it was not in when they told me it would be - the first time I pulled a purchase permit and had to return it. Again, not the store's fault - nor Ruger's - just a foul up. However, when I finally picked it up, they gave me a 100 rds. of 38spl. to make up for the inconvenience - they didn't have to and I was understanding of the problem. Their philosophy was - "a happy customer will come back". And come back I did - three new handguns from them since I picked up the New Vaquero.

Good luck with your new pistol when you get it - I'm sure you'll like it very much = they are a great gun.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old October 14, 2011, 07:09 PM   #6
sigcurious

hmmm, that's rough, and is now making reconsider the purchase I just made from Turners, considering I'll be waiting for more to come in also on my purchase. What location did you go through?
Old October 14, 2011, 07:39 PM   #7
Shotgun693

First complain to the Store Manager.
If that doesn't get a response send an E-mail to their Corporate HQ.
I've ran 2 gun shops and this is unacceptable service.
Old October 14, 2011, 07:46 PM   #8
ESI Agent

W.Covina. I will list the number of firearms I purchased from this store.
Glock 17,G17,G19,G20,G21,G22,G22,G26,G34,H/KM1super 90,Reminton 870,1911TRP,Sig 2340,M9,S/W686,3-1022'S,Mini14,Ruger P89,P90,P94,P95,P95,P97,P345,SR9,SR9c,SR40,LC9,Macaroff,2 russian rifles. =33 firearms. I can't even count other supplys purchased their. I think I'll give them a week and then I'll terminate the purchase. I'll go find someone who has it in stock and buy it .
Old October 14, 2011, 09:55 PM   #9
Joe the Redneck

I believe they will make good. It sounds like a clerk messed up. I don't blame you for being upset.

I would call the manager and politely ask if you could get a free case or some ammo for the weapon. You know, "Look, I know this wasn't intentional. But I would like something for my trouble. I was told my gun was in, made a special trip and nothing. And I don't even know when my gun will be in. You can se why I'm a little upset."

You should ask for something. Worst he can say is no. If he does, ask for a refund. "Well, can I get my money back then?" And don't say another word. A good manager will want to make it right. If he doesn't, get the gun and find another shop.

I guess you have figured out that it is always a bad idea to pay in advancel for an item or service you have not yet received. Back in the early 90s I got a Tok and a Nagant revolver special order (this was when they first started coming into the country.) My guy wouldn't even take a deposit. "Pay for it when they come in. If you don't pick them up, I'll sell them to someone else."

That's how it ought to be.
Old October 15, 2011, 10:06 AM   #10
Stealth01

Boat load of them for sale on Gunbroker...
Old October 20, 2011, 01:06 PM   #11
ESI Agent

Called Turners today and was advised they still have no gun for me,maybe if I wait a couple of months I'll get a gun. I don't think so. It would be one thing if they did not recieved any of the models I ordered but they did and I was passed by. I think IM done with Turners,I'M also going in and terminating my order out of principle. Quality is meeting or exceeding the customers expectation.
Old October 20, 2011, 01:17 PM   #12
sigcurious

That's no good. Makes me worry since when I paid for my Ruger 22/45 they said a month. A few days ago I asked the salesperson who sold it to me how long it would be I was told 2 to 3 months. Hopefully you find a SP101 soon though! They look pretty sweet.
Old October 20, 2011, 02:35 PM   #13
spacecoast

Quote:
W.Covina. I will list the number of firearms I purchased from this store.
Glock 17,G17,G19,G20,G21,G22,G22,G26,G34,H/KM1super 90,Reminton 870,1911TRP,Sig 2340,M9,S/W686,3-1022'S,Mini14,Ruger P89,P90,P94,P95,P95,P97,P345,SR9,SR9c,SR40,LC9,Macaroff,2 russian rifles. =33 firearms.
Good grief, they should dispatch a limo to bring you to the store when the newest model comes in.
Old October 21, 2011, 07:22 PM   #14
sigcurious

Getting more worried now, stopped by my local turners to see if they had more 22/45s in stock at the warehouse. Sales guy takes awhile on the computer, then says, we just got some in at the warehouse today, I think hooray!, then he follows it with but I can't allocate you one for some reason. He goes back and talks to his manager, comes out and says that they must not be fully entered into the system yet, and I'll have to try back later. So hopefully tomorrow when I stop by they won't have given them all to other people already.

ESI Agent: Did they hassle you about getting a full refund even though they screwed up? I was looking at their deposit policy today and it says if you cancel for any reason they keep the 30%, I would be pretty upset if they take my money if they can't even deliver the product.

Last edited by sigcurious; October 21, 2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: addition
Old November 11, 2011, 08:05 PM   #15
nogo

Sounds like an unintentional error, but of course I wouldn't like it either.