The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 12, 2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Texzdiver

Gunsmith recommendations please...

I need a good 1911 gunsmith in the North Central Texas to southern or middle oklahoma area. In other words somewhere between about the Dallas/ Fort Worth area and Oklahoma City. I am in Wichita Falls, TX and I would like to find someone with in a three hour drive so that I could run down and check them out in person in possible because I prefer doing business that way. I will go farther if I have to but I would like to stay within that range. I was considering Teddy Jacobson @ Actions by "T", but I have heard some pretty bad talk about his attitude and bullish behavior, but I also know that sometimes the very best at any given skill sometimes tend to be that way and I know how to deal with those types, he is just about 6-7 hours away. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old February 15, 2005, 01:21 AM   #2
JohnSmallTX

North Texas Gunsmith

I'd recommend Gene Williams at the Collin County Gun Range (4 miles east of McKinney Texas on Highway 380). He did some super work on my 1911 Caspian build. He knows the 1911. Need to call for his hours.