The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 28, 2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Dan31

Ejection Issue

I inherited a Marlin Lever action .22 made back in the 60's I think. Its in like new condition like the other 7 or so guns we [my brother and I] inherited from my uncle.

The issue is, that after firing a round it seems to jam in the port. I cleaned it very thoroughly before and after use but to no avail. We fired it less than 5 times with it getting stuck. My brother took it home and if I knew about what it might need I can tell him when he takes it to a smith.
Old December 29, 2009, 12:34 AM   #2
Malamute

The ejector has a small grooved screw that can be used to hold it out of the way to clean from the back. Is the ejector free to move, or is it captured by the screw? Just a slight turn of the screw should free the ejector up if thats the case.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-
Old December 29, 2009, 01:12 AM   #3
salvadore

there is a guide, piece of metal secured to the inside top of the reciever attached with a screw from the outside top of the reciever small thin with a hole at one end. cartridge guide spring and screw here.http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=640. If this is not present, cartridge does not feed.