The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 9, 2013, 10:40 PM   #26
Buffalo444

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W. Drang View Post
Joe Pike said
Anyone know what Ken Starr is up to these days?
If youre talking about the one that got Clinton on that sworn deposition, he's the president at the university of Baylor

sent from the rust monster
Old January 9, 2013, 10:55 PM   #27
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Shooter
I think you are making an erroneous assumption that the government would pay for the program and not charge exorbitant fees to gun owners to finance it.
The fees introduced to pay for the registrations/permanent tracking would be so great that most politicians might see it's absurd. I don't see a Republican controlled congress with pro-gun Democrats passing a bill such as this to begin. Even then, I don't think they'll be approving the sky high fees citizens would have to pay in order for the registration debacle to be supported.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old January 9, 2013, 11:57 PM   #28
TomL

Newsflash from vp joe biden

Just heard Newt Gingrich speak on Greta, he states that a pres. can sign an eo but he himself cannot enforce it, has to be done by an agency, fbi/atf. Congress then has to approve funding and therein lies the rub, congress with holds funding. So then what... well "its them repubs" they want blood in the streets, blah blah blah and so it goes, but it's not my fault! Seems our current pres will not own anything, its delegate, delegate, bring me something to sign. Can't blame him for anything that fails that way I suppose. TL
Old January 10, 2013, 12:03 AM   #29
Frank Ettin
Staff

Let's not have duplicative discussions. The executive order thread is here.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread