The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 25, 2011, 08:34 PM   #1
dantm

P22 trigger issue?

Hi, I took apart my P22 tonight to give it a good cleaning. Upon reassembling, I am thinking that I notice an issue which didn't seem to be there before.

Basically, when pulling back on the trigger, I used to think that if you release the trigger part way through the pull the hammer would return to its resting (original position); otherwise if you continue the trigger pull all the way to the end the hammer would cock and release.

Right now it seems that if I pull on the trigger about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way, the hammer starts to cock but releasing the trigger back to its position the hammer now rests somewhere mid-way between its original position and the cocked position.

Does this make sense? When this happens, the trigger (which has a spring inside to return it to its original forward position) has a loose feel to it for the first third of travel...

Help?
Old March 25, 2011, 08:41 PM   #2
WDE2010NC

My p22 has always done that. I have to then fully cock it to release it.
Old March 25, 2011, 09:36 PM   #3
dantm

I'm sure that's not how it was intended...mine feels like something catches inside and doesn't release the hammer back...

Any other thoughts, anybody?

Thanks!
Old March 26, 2011, 07:36 AM   #4
MW surveyor

Normal. That's the way mine is also.