The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 27, 2009, 07:36 PM   #1
spleify

Shooter_454 BIG thumbs down

Well, I REALLY hate to do this, but unfortunately it must be done. In all the years on the internet, and the hundreds of transactions I have been involved in, I have finally been bitten.

Here the facts:

Sept. 12th(Saturday), contacted Shooter about 2 scopes he was selling, seemed like a good guy replied quickly, and seemed to answer all my questions. Heres the original thread.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=376034

Sept 12th, after a few PM's back and forth, I agreed to buy both scopes with rings, ready to mount. Shooter said he would only accept a money order, and reluctantly I agreed to send him one. Never liked MO's as there is no way to track or trace payment. But he seemed like a stand up guy so I agreed.

Sept 14th(Monday) I go to the PO to get a money order, they don't accept credit cards for money orders,(my bad) so this is delayed until the next day.

Sept 15th(Tuesday) I get a money order and put it in the mail. He told me contact me when he recieved the MO. Colorado to Kentucky.

Sept 18th(Friday), I contacted him to see if the MO had made it yet, and not yet.

Sept 19th(Saturday), Shooter contacted me and said he recieved the money order and he would ship the scopes out on Monday Sept 21st.

Sept 21st(Monday), I recieved a PM from him saying that he mailed out the packed and to let him know when I recieved it.

Sept 25th(Friday) I contacted him and asked what form of shipping he used, as I have not recieved to package yet. He replied quickly as he always had in the past, and said USPS flat rate box.

Sept 28th(Monday), I PMed him again as I had not recieved the package again. He replied and said he would go to the PO tomorrow(Tuesday) and "see whats going on"

Sept 29th(Tuesday) early am, he PMed and asked for my address again "incase they needed it"

Sept 29th later in the day, he said that the post master didn't know anything but would look into it and he would let me know if he finds anything out.

Sept 29th I contacted one of the mods here, just to give him a heads up incase this got any worse. There would be someone aware of what was going on before it was completely to late. The mod contacted Shooter, and Shooter contacted me and told me not to worry about it that he would make this right, and I didn't need to get the mods involved.

Sept 30th(Wednesday) now 18 days after first contact. He contacts me and says, and I quote "No wonder i just got off the phone with the postmaster and the package is sitting at the main hub,with the wrong postage on it And they did'nt even let me know till i asked about it I will be getting it tomorrow and taking it the p.o. myself." Copy and pasted from his reply????????.......

Oct 1st(Thursday) He contacted me and said it was on its way, again. NOTE this was OCT 1st

Oct 9th(Friday) now 27 days. I recieved the box, post marked OCT 6th 5 days after he said he had mailed it, the second time. Not only was this rediciously late, the rings were not on one of the scopes and the other scope was not as described. His iriginal add said one 4X32 red dot, and it was a 1x30 red dot, and they both were supposed to have the rings for mounting. I didn't even worry about the wrong scope, but I did want the rings, so I could mount this thing that I have waited so long for. I PMed him to let him know and this was his reply "well dang no prob i will send you set again dang"........

Oct 15th(Thursday) now 33 days. I contacted him again, this is getting really old. This was his reply, "I must of miss place them so i went and bought some new ones yesturday and got them out you should see them in a few days".

Oct 21st(Wednesday) now 39 days. I contacted him again and told him I was very dissapointed and had i known it was going to be this much trouble, I never would have dealt with him. I told him I would give him the benefit of the doubt, again, and if I had not recieved to rings by Friday Oct 23rd, I would leave him negative feed back......well that was the last contact I had with him, and he has yet to respond or send me the rings.

Oct 27th(Tuesday) now 45 days, and 4 days after I told him I would leave negative feed back, I am finally leaving the negative feed back that was promised to him.

Again I really hate doing this, but I feel there have been more than enough opportunities for him to make good on this and get me what I paid for. Its not the fact that I am out a 15 set of rings, its the fact that I was jacked around for a month and a half and lied to by a lier. How someone can straight up lie to someone else is just beyond me, but I guyes there are to moany of those people out there these days.

In conclusion, avoid this guy, and I really do feel bad for having to do this, but its what needs to be done.

Thanks
Like us on Facebook
Old October 27, 2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Moderator Note: To quell any doubters of spleify's statement, his post should not be taken as a drive-by. Discussions in private between us has convinced me of this.

On the other side of the coin, Shooter 454 should be given the oppurtunity to reply to this thread in order to provide his side.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting