The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 28, 2009, 03:29 PM   #1
senior
Member In Memoriam

Tactical Gun Armory

Be advised that these people will charge you return postage on an order that was not right from them! Ordered a fobus holster for a rami, 11 days later got the holster, and box stated it would fit rami and ruger 345 which i own. Gun will NOT come close to fitting either one. Salsman gives me return number but states i will be responsible for return postage as thats their policy on returned items ($8.00 each time)

Last edited by senior; January 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old January 28, 2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Dos

THANKS for that info Senior....I've got them down on my $ hit Li$t

Tactical Gun Armory
3208 Tazewell Pike
Suite 102
Knoxville, TN 37918

That is just plain WRONG.....I hope they come to their senses.
Old January 29, 2009, 11:58 AM   #3
senior
Member In Memoriam

Yea I agree Dos, sure hope they consider the $8.00 worth the loss of sales when people find out the way they do their customers. Salesman actually stated the reason for this position on their part is that too many gun people will wish to return items that the company doesn't even carry, or they will use said items and then try to return them as new. Guess those folks really think highly of gun lovers and their honesty!!
Old February 6, 2009, 12:50 AM   #4
1Bwana

Tac Gun Armory

The Better Business Bureau hands them an "F" for complaints over the last 36 months. 59 complaints were closed during that time frame with 7 closed in the last 12 months.
See: http://knoxville.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Rep...&firm=90002040
Old February 6, 2009, 01:05 AM   #5
Dos

Geessshhhh...with a record like that...guess they just don't give a dam...

Glad I found out about these CROOKS.
Old February 21, 2009, 09:07 PM   #6
mflf2

I have bad experience with this company. They would post products in their website that are not available with no mention of it in the website. After you order they send an email that your order is back ordered but they charge your credit card for it. All on line companies I have dealt with would not charge your card until your order is shipped. If you cancel your order your emails are ignored. Your refund request are also ignored. Their telephone is perpetually busy. Seems to me off the hook.

Here is a website from the FTC - Federal Trade Commission where consumers can make complaints: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
Old February 22, 2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Oly

tactical gun armory

Does this company even exist? I got scammed the same as others. A shotgun ordered and is on perpetual back order.They charged my Visa and I paid before I thought about it. Phone line is always busy and they no longer answer my e mails. Tomorrow I am calling the Knoxville attorney Generals office and report what I think may be a multimillion dollar scam.
Oly
Old April 28, 2009, 06:19 PM   #8
scott007

tactical gun armory

I had a very bad expirence with them. ordered a handgun because it was a great price and free shipping, I think thats how they get you interested in their web site. didn't indicate it was out of stock when I ordered it, but three days later I got an e-mail indicating it was on backorder 2-3 weeks. I called after three weeks and they still had no idea when it would be "in stock". meanwhile they charged my credit card immeditaly when I placed the order and it took 18 days to get my money back. any other reputable company won't charge you untill they have the item in stock, and 18 days to get a refund? let's be real thats crazy.
Old May 8, 2009, 06:20 AM   #9
XD45Compact

same story here...i cancelled an order 10 days ago after being notified it was 'on backorder 2 to 3 weeks'....seems to be their MO.

I've got it on dispute with my credit card, etc...so I'm not worried. But I've literally called these guys 3 times since my initial cancellation, with assurances it would be taken care of as soon as we were to hang up....never happened.

Well, the internet is a powerful thing...I hope this is helping to spread the word that they are a bunch of crooks and a total joke as far as being a viable business.
XD45 Compact * XDm 9mm * XD9 SubComp * Fusion PRO-Series ELITE Custom 1911 * Fusion Custom 1911 Scout Elite 45 ACP * STI Trojan 9mm 1911 * Ruger GP100 4" .357 * S&W 642 Centennial * Beretta 92FS INOX * Mossberg 930SPX 12ga. * Stag Arms AR-15 Model-2H & 5H * Savage BAS LE - .308 * '09 Savage Weather Warrior .308

Last edited by XD45Compact; May 8, 2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old May 17, 2009, 09:17 PM   #10
Young Version

I came across this thread when I saw something on their site that I liked and decided to check them out. Looks like I dodged a bullet.
Old June 3, 2009, 06:35 PM   #11
7jinxed7

too late

I found TGA on a google search for ammo.Too bad I didn't here about what a rip-off they were until 2 days later.2 days too late.Backordered still no refund.It's been over a month now.

Last edited by 7jinxed7; June 5, 2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old June 3, 2009, 08:54 PM   #12
OuTcAsT

The address on the BBB website is a vacant lot, the one given in the second post is a grocery store.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
Old June 3, 2009, 09:18 PM   #13
MrNiceGuy

Tactial gun armory, like the majority of online retailers, carry little or no inventory.

They play the middle man. You order from them, THEN they order from the manufacturer and have it sent to you. Chances are that the manufacturer incorrectly packaged a holster and that Tactical Gun Armory was never within 100 miles of your package. That is why they make you pay to send it back. They cannot offer the prices they do AND have inventory AND pay for any mistake that the manufacturers might make... You obviously did not order from TGA because of their stellar customer service, or sterling reputation, or because of their dynamic showroom... you ordered there because it was cheap... Well, you get what you pay for.. that goes for product AND service.

Doing business this way lowers overhead and is the reason why you see such great prices on their website. Any business you see without a showroom will almost certainly function in this way. The second clue would have to be their unfinished website. The third would be the P.O. box mailing address
Quote:
Postal Mail :
Tactical Gun Armory
PO Box 5800
Knoxville, TN 37928
But, as with anything that is too good to be true, there's a catch.. and that catch comes in the form of long waits. They do not find out if the product is on back order until after you order and pay. They are constantly at the mercy of the manufacturer.

They are not crooks and they are not out to get anyone. This is how the vast majority of fledgling business start in this day and age. Most likely this is a one man operation being ran out of his computer room at home.
He has a computer, a calculator, and a bunch of manufacturer catalogs, nothing more.
And with the current gun climate and 14 week back orders from practically every manufacturer, I'm willing to bet he's at home sweating bullets hoping they pick up the pace so he can stay in business.

Quote:
All on line companies I have dealt with would not charge your card until your order is shipped.
And that is why those companies have higher prices.
They have inventory, higher prices, and such... Whereas smaller companies like TGA must collect payment before they can order your merchandise. Doing business this way eliminates overhead and is why companies like Tactical Gun Armory can charge lower prices and hopefully get their foot in the door.

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; June 3, 2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old June 5, 2009, 12:36 PM   #14
senior
Member In Memoriam

TGA

My friend i am sure u have NOT read all the threads concerning that rip off place. These folks or "folk" are crap, seems each and everyone who has ordered has been politely "taken for a ride"!! Not once have I seen anyone who dealt with them satisfied specially not when NO merchandise or NO refund of their money, ONLY SAME SONG AND DANCE of, " back ordered"
Old June 5, 2009, 05:29 PM   #15
7jinxed7

There's nothing wrong with drop shipping at all,lots of companies do it.But it is wrong to charge people and not recieve a product or refund. P.S. he goes by the names Eddie Loveday,George Eddie Loveday IV,and George Edward Loveday IV If that is his real name? Wonder if Knoxville County public records show anything?
Old June 5, 2009, 05:47 PM   #16
MrNiceGuy

Quote:
NO merchandise or NO refund of their money, ONLY SAME SONG AND DANCE of, " back ordered"
and that's the way these places operate.

EVERYTHING on that site needs to be ordered. They have not one thing in stock. And seeing as how every company in the firearms business in back ordered right now, every single thing on their website will be "back ordered"

You send them your money, then they take your money and use it to pay for the item ordered. Since vendors cannot return merchandise without reason, TGA will do everything they can to keep the orders together until the manufacturer catches up.

I'm currently on a 21 week backorder for a new ar15 upper and a 10week backorder on an engraved dust cover. Both of these backorder times are directly from the manufacturers and they describe these estimates to me as "optimistic". They have my money, I have only a promise of product at a later date. This is the current state of affairs in the gun industry. A store with no inventory can only place orders, they have no choice but to leave the waiting period to the mercy of the manufacturer.

It is not malicious on TGA's part. They are exhibiting every aspect that someone who is knowledgeable would expect them too.

You got what you paid for. You found the cheapest price and now you found the trade off.
You took the risk of ordering from a no-name business without doing any research...... You took a gamble, and you lost.

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; June 5, 2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old June 6, 2009, 09:35 PM   #17
OuTcAsT

Quote:
You send them your money, then they take your money and use it to pay for the item ordered.
Sorry but, this is not the way "legitimate" business operates.
What they are trying to circumvent is called "overhead" and most likely the Tennessee sales tax. As a 3rd party "agent" TGA should place the order, pay for it, and not bill the consumer until the item is shipped, or, make it clear that they are acting as an agent, and that your funds will be used to secure the order. Anything else could be construed as "Fraud, "

Quote:
A store with no inventory can only place orders,
There is no such thing, that is equal to a can of soda, with no soda.

Main Entry:
Store
Pronunciation:
\ˈstȯr\
Function:
transitive verb
Inflected Form(s):
stored; stor·ing

1: lay away, accumulate <store vegetables for winter use> <an organism that absorbs and stores DDT>2: to stock against a future time <store a ship with provisions>3: to place or leave in a location (as a warehouse, library, or computer memory) for preservation or later use or disposal4: to provide storage room for : hold <elevators for storing surplus wheat>

What you describe is not a Store but a 3rd party agent.

Quote:
they have no choice but to leave the waiting period to the mercy of the manufacturer.
While this is true, the do have a choice about where the funding comes from to place those orders.

Quote:
It is not malicious on TGA's part.
Fraud and theft are not malicious ?

Quote:
This is how the vast majority of fledgling business start in this day and age.
It most certainly is not because doing so is, at the least, business tax fraud, and theft.

Quote:
Doing business this way lowers overhead and is the reason why you see such great prices on their website. Any business you see without a showroom will almost certainly function in this way.
I have no showroom for my company and I don't play this game, nor do any of the other small businesses I partner with. Why ? cause it's Illegal.

You can dispute these kinds of charges under the Fair Credit Billing Act

Bet this guy has no business license in Knox County, would be easy to find out.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; June 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old June 10, 2009, 06:30 PM   #18
7jinxed7

Actually got someone to answer the phone 6/08/09 10:12A.M..Someone by the the name of Brandon answered and said he would put my refund flagged as priority and should see my refund in 3 or 4 days.I will believe it when I see it posted on my account.
Old June 18, 2009, 07:51 PM   #19
7jinxed7

Finally got my refund from T.G.A. on 6/17/09.I cancelled the purchase on 5/04/09.It took that long to get a refund.If it was't for my credit card company and my paperwork on everything I probably woudn't have got my refund.
Old July 2, 2009, 07:48 AM   #20
cooper31

Going to war with TGA

I take a very dim view of businesses that try to take advantage of customers who do business with them. After numerous times being told lies about the delivery of the XD40 that I ordered and more promises that my money would be refunded after I canceled the order, I decided that I was going to get my money back. I called my credit card company and told them about my experience. The sent me the papers to file a dispute. I sent them all of the supporting evidence that I had along with the completed form. I also reported them to the FCA and filed a protest with the Ohio Department of Consumer Protection. Yesterday my $458.00 was refunded to my card and this morning my interest on the card was refunded. Do not let TGA prosper with these unfair business practices. The credit card company got the job done. I also had printed the forms to file with the Tennessee Consumer Protection Agency.
The whole process was work but well worth the effort
Old July 5, 2009, 11:19 AM   #21
RON O

Tactical gun armory

Do not ever do business with this company. Bought holster in April, and was never told it was not in stock and cc charged at order. Have called 5 or 6 times for refund with different excuse each time. Did get a different phone number 865-922-1888, you may want to try to resolve dispute here. Finally called cc company, they issued credit and cramed back down TGA's throat.
Old July 16, 2009, 07:22 PM   #22
ykk9

tactical gun armory - worst of the worst

These guys are the worst. I placed an order with them in march, waited patiently for months, canceled my order june 15, and just received my refund today (july 16th) through my bank's consumer protection program after filing a complaint. (Three Cheers for Chase bank) These guys lied and stalled the whole time. My bank is pursuing funds from them now but I wouldn't be surprised if they have hidden all the money and plan to scuttle the ship. Avoid at all costs
Old August 11, 2009, 03:46 PM   #23
Speedy Mike

Tactical Gun Armory

Living a nightmare... wish I found this thread earlier... Order 6/22, canceled 6/25, called five times since getting the same line..."should have posted to your credit card in the next few days. Sorry about that". Here it is middle of August. Will challenge via AMEX, etc.
Old September 30, 2009, 07:00 PM   #24
SAM SUNSHINE

Buyer Beware! with TACTICAL GUN ARMORY.

I purchased an item online from TACTICAL GUN ARMORY in the beginning of August with my credit card and I decided to cancel my order 5 days after. They assured me that they would refund my credit card and its been almost been 2 months, NO REFUND! I was told by e-mail that it would take 21 business days and it seemed like a long time. Its been way more than 21 business days! NO REFUND! I finally got my bank involved and my Bank gave me a temporary credit on my account as of today. So, my Bank is going after TACTICAL GUN ARMORY to recover the funds that they currently have that they promised to credit back to me.

Guys sorry about the long story but customers must know what type of company TACTICAL GUN ARMORY is.

Purchase your items elsewhere in order not to go through this mess. good forbid you want a refund on a item you may not want...

Good luck people!
Old October 19, 2009, 03:04 PM   #25
Electric Deacon

Too late...

I found this forum and thread much too late... Ordered a piece (my birthday present) thru Tactical Gun Armory, got an email said it was back ordered...

Ok...so Im cool about having my card charged, shouldn't be long before it comes in. 6 months later, I've given up, found it for almost the same price (which was why I didn't cancel sooner) and canceled the order. A month later I still dont' have my refund, called'em up and they said there were some issues with charges and refunds but that I'd have mine within 2 weeks. Another month gone by, talked to them today, Elizabeth said she'd hand me over to Will whom I'd spoken to last. After a brief delay, Elizabeth came back on and told me Will would get back to me....still waiting.

Hopefully, I'll get my money back but sure do wish I'd have found this forum sooner. This has been going on since March 8th. I'm trying to get my Visa card people involved but they say there's nothing they can do since I should have contacted them within 60 days of the order. Still hoping for some support from them.

Lessons learned are hard but aren't forgotten easily. Will keep forum posted on progress....or lack of it.
Closed Thread