The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 15, 2016, 11:16 AM   #1
cw308

Bud's gun shop

Ordered a handgun from Bud's. Gave all the info, FFL & credit card. That night I received a email stating an issue with the order. Called them the next morning, seems Bud's doesn't ship to Nassau county my county. 5 streets east is Suffolk county. They don't even ship to the gun shop. Unfair business practice . Bad for the guy who has the shop & for the legal gun purchaser.
Old October 15, 2016, 11:25 AM   #2
FITASC

And what are the gun laws in Nassau and Suffolk county? Perhaps your beef is with your lawmakers???
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old October 15, 2016, 11:28 AM   #3
K_Mac

My guess is they have legitimate reason for not shipping there. They are in the business of selling guns, but they're not going to sell at the risk of legal problems.

Did you ask for an explanation? Do other online sellers ship to your location? Without more information there is no case for unfair business practice.
Old October 15, 2016, 11:36 AM   #4
T. O'Heir

Suppose it has anything to do with being in Long Island, NY?
Your 'unfair business practice' most likely is due to NYS' laws. Not the shipper. Best you contact Bud's.
Old October 15, 2016, 11:40 AM   #5
cw308

Not a legal issue . Gun Store call to order it for me. The reason, company policy. I have a pistol carry license for almost 50 years. The gun was a Colt New Agent 45ACP out of production for 3 years , they had the gun new with crimson laser grips for a fair price. Any way found one new on gunbroker shipped to the same FFL gun shop. No problem. Just found it very odd a company could pick & choose.
Old October 15, 2016, 11:48 AM   #6
unclenunzie

I doubt there's any law preventing an FFL in Nassau county, NY from receiving a gun from Bud's or any similar store, setting aside specific gun restrictions. I think it is much more likely that Bud's policy is driven by their own reasons.

My guess would be that the 5 boroughs of NYC, which are also counties, + adjascent Nassau county constitutes such an anti-gun block of laws that Bud's has decided it's simply not worth any potential trouble. Here is Bud's page of state restrictions, just click on New York to see they will not ship to any part of NYC or Nassau county:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...strictions.php

FWIW, they also will not ship firearms or ammunition to Chicago.
Old October 15, 2016, 12:07 PM   #7
t4terrific

I wouldn't ship a gun to New York for all the gold in California.

It's smart business. It's too easy to get caught in the maze of state regulations intentionally designed to trap gun owners and dealers.

Best to avoid doing business in that state to avoid going to prison in that state.
Old October 15, 2016, 12:19 PM   #8
JWT

Agree with those who cite the inane gun laws in your neck of the woods.
Old October 15, 2016, 12:25 PM   #9
cw308

Unclenunzie
Your correct, what's odd is Suffolk county boarders Nassau, both in NY. When I called in on the FFL line an asked, customer service said , it's Buds policy. Like I stated, all turned out good, ordered from gunbroker.
Old October 15, 2016, 12:30 PM   #10
cw308

t4terrific
What part of this world do you come from?