The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 10, 2014, 06:40 AM   #26
JasonJ

Only the newer "Pro" models have the polygonal rifling.. the older versions have convensional rifling in their barrels. The Pro model also adds a different style front rail, loaded chamber indicator.. and I think a couple other features.

I have the Thunder 9UC ... its not Ultra Compact by todays standards.. but when they named it, it would have been.. still an excellent pistol.

Mine currently serves as Home Defense pistol. It is efficiently accurate for what it needs to do, enjoyable to shoot, and easy to operate/control. I highly recommend them.

I paid about $330 around 3-4 years ago.. prices are more now (should be no surprise there). But still reasonable and affordable.

This is an interesting video to skip through... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvB93CmCndo
Bersa Thunder 9HC, fires 1500 consequtive rounds with no failures.. just a bit of water to cool off the gun around 1000 rounds. Its neat if nothing else.
Old March 11, 2014, 12:22 AM   #27
michael t

If your worrying about shooting lead bullets We have several members that shoot lead in theirs Bersa doesn't say its bad to shoot lead in their polygonal barrels. Just clean it good. Lot of people shoot lead in their glocks also just clean it

I have bought 2 9mm UC and both been claimed by family members That needed worst than I did. I have a 10Year old Thunder 380 that works fine Has fired every brand I have tried with out trouble .

come visit at http://bersachat.com

Were the oldest and biggest Bersa Board.
Old March 11, 2014, 09:49 AM   #28
lee n. field

Quote:
Only the newer "Pro" models have the polygonal rifling.. the older versions have convensional rifling in their barrels. The Pro model also adds a different style front rail, loaded chamber indicator.. and I think a couple other features.
polygonal rifled barrel, rail, and front and rear sights in a standard dovetail (sig? glock?), is what I recall.

Quote:
its not Ultra Compact by todays standards
Glock 19 sized.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old March 15, 2014, 01:37 AM   #29
Pukindog12

Hey TunnelRat, did you ever get your hands on one?
Old March 23, 2014, 08:28 PM   #30
Marty8613

Firestorm mini

Quote:
Pukindog12

Hey TunnelRat, did you ever get your hands on one?
I managed to put hands on myself on the 9 and 45, but not the 40.

This used to be called Firestorm Mini 40, and I have an active auction for a used one.

A little wide for a ccw, but I am currently carrying my Witness .45 4.5". Apparently the forum folks were right about it being way easier to conceal than I thought. Plastic just came Friday.
Old March 26, 2014, 05:57 PM   #31
Marty8613

Happy

I found the Firestorm Mini Pro 40 used. A little thick, but doable. I prefer the rubber grips and the rounded trigger guard on this version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (120.1 KB, 20 views)
Old March 26, 2014, 07:47 PM   #32
Pukindog12

Nice looking gun you got there. Just make sure any cleaners you use on that nickle slide is ammonia free.
Old March 26, 2014, 07:54 PM   #33
TunnelRat

Someone asked if I found one, the answer is sadly no. The LGS in question listed it as in stock. Both I and the salespeople searched high and low and couldn't find it. Kind of disconcerting.
Maintain situational awareness
Old March 27, 2014, 02:03 PM   #34
Marty8613

Mini Firestorm 40 (old name of Thunder UC)

I located the older version. As accurate as can be expected, one big 1" hole at 7 yards in 10 rounds. Kicks slightly more than my full size poly .45, but cycles quite a bit faster. I carry at 6:00 in the Triple Double Ambi it came with and it conceals well enough, but is less comfortable than a full size. It is a little thick to CCW well. Oddly it is a tiny bit shorter overall than my Thunder 380. Very happy with this model. I think my 9mm will be the HC version of this series.

There are a few good auctions still on this series on gunbroker, but I saved $200 waiting for the right one to come along.
Old March 27, 2014, 04:26 PM   #35
Jim243

Congratulations on your auction find.

Jim

CZ 75 P-01 (9 mm), Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact Pro (45 ACP), Bersa Series 95 (380 ACP)