The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 27, 2018, 11:17 PM   #1
markr6754

Powder Sale? Not so Primers! Graf & Sons

I got my first Graf & Sons sale booklet today. $10 Haz, $7.95 Flat Rate Ship. Didn’t realize how many different powder choices there actually are...and their prices looked very sweet to me. Many pistol powders under $20/lb. Naturally, VV powders were most expensive, but it looks like I’m powder shopping again....though I don’t need any.

Many and favorite Primer manufacturers were listed, but prices were not much better than recent Cabela’s prices...though one imagines they’re in stock at Grafs. 1500 Fiocchi primers for $39.99...not bad, but not really great either. Everything else was around $32/1000....or not great. Large and Small same price among manufacturers. Only do pistol...so sorry if I overlooked the rifle primers.

However...they are offering free Haz with 4 lb powder purchase, and powder and primers can ship in same order. Suddenly, it’s a really sweet deal on powders...should you need any. Stock up?
Old August 28, 2018, 07:24 PM   #2
FITASC

You should REALLY look at the Nobel Vectan line of powders they carry; a great deal when you buy by the case (you can mix and match)
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old August 29, 2018, 12:41 AM   #3
markr6754

I notice a big hole for my loading needs with Vectan....no data for 380 ACP which is nearly 1/2 of what I’m reloading these days, followed by 9mm, and lastly 45 ACP. Readying to add 40 S&W.

Vihtavuori also neglects 380ACP, but I uncovered a European load manual that lists it, but not US or their loading app for iOS which I use.

Would be open to trying Vectan...but Alliant BE-86 8 lb pricing is quite a bit more appealing at around $16/lb.

Usually a VV N320 and HP-38 fan, but dabbling with 3N37, Silhouette, and WST.