The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 13, 2007, 02:55 AM   #1
mrawesome22

Pact Bbk2

Well I finally talked myself into getting a digital scale. I purchased a PACT BBK2 at Cabelas this weekend. I was very reluctant to do so, but I'm glad I did. I always heard these things were inaccurate. This scale is dead on. I've heard people saying that the readings go all over the place. That's true. If you have air movement close to it. It's so sensitive that a very slight air current will make it jump. I just think that is testimony to it's accuracy. As soon as I got it home, I placed a 50gr V-MAX in it, it read 50.0. Great scale, I recommend it.
Old February 14, 2007, 07:40 PM   #2
L90814

Terrific scale. Just be sure to put the powder in the pan and give it a few seconds without so much as a breath being exerted on it to get an accurate reading. Those things are super accurate/sensitive. Have had mine for about 8 years. They're hard to beat.
Old February 14, 2007, 07:48 PM   #3
CrustyFN

I bought one 5 months ago and am very happy with it. I was thinking of adding a fluorescent light over my bench. Have you used it around a fluorescent light and if so has that caused problems?
Rusty
Old February 14, 2007, 07:52 PM   #4
Ammo Junky

Had mine a few yrs. I have read some bad press on the scale, but am very happy with mine.

I apologise in advance for spelling errors.
Old February 15, 2007, 12:22 AM   #5
mrawesome22

I have not used it around flourescent lights but the cordless phone will make it go bonkers just as the directions said. But only when the phone is in use. I also feared that having it close to my monitor and tower would mess with it but having it right next to my computer doesn't do anything to it. I guess a computer does not put out RF signals. It is a great scale and I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Old February 15, 2007, 03:14 PM   #6
T-Mac

I have a PACT in the DPPS model.
I like it alot. It is easy to use and accurate.