The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 12, 2017, 12:04 AM   #1
loademwell

HR Topper 10 Choke question.

I have an H&R Pardner (modern topper) Chambered in a 10 gauge. Great turkey gun. Big question is what is the choke thread pattern that I want with this gun? I called the factory and they told me they only make the one choke for it. I know I am going to have to go to online to buy one but I want to be 100% sure its the one I want and or need....
If you have one laying around the shop I would love to buy it from you. Just looking for a cylinder....
Old August 12, 2017, 06:51 AM   #2
darkgael

Good luck finding one. I tried to find one for you and was not able to. I went looking under the assumption that - as for other gauges in H&R SGs - they would interchange with Mossberg, Winchester, Browning.....
No joy.
Pete
Old August 12, 2017, 08:03 AM   #3
FITASC

SO I understand correctly - are you saying it is currently threaded for a choke, you have one, but just not in the Cylinder constriction you're looking for? OR, are you saying you need to get it threaded for choke tubes and want a Cylinder tube for it afterwards?
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old August 12, 2017, 10:36 AM   #4
loademwell

It came from factory with 1 choke and is threaded for that choke. I want a different choke that could shoot slugs, steel, whatever. The only one that HR makes (this is from their mouth) is that 1 choke that I have. Turkey choke for lead only.

Kind of dumb on their part for making threaded chokes but not selling any other choke for it.
Old August 12, 2017, 10:39 AM   #5
loademwell

Thanks darkgael. Do you by anychance know if the 12 gauge mod. topper or whatever takes different chokes? I would guess if the 12 gauge takes Rem or somthing then I would be willing to try and buy a 10 gauge one from them....
Old August 12, 2017, 11:45 AM   #6
FITASC

IF you have the choke, I would call Briley, Trulock and Carlson's - explain what you have and what you want. If you can get the dimensions from H&R, great; otherwise if any of those folks can make one, they'll probably need yours to duplicate it exactly.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa