The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old September 30, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1
cmdc

HK 94

I was having dinner with a friend who is a captain with the local police department. I hadn't seen him for a while, but as usual the conversation went quickly to the topic of firearms. He asked me if I knew anyplace that sold guns on consignment, and I said maybe, and asked him what he wanted to sell. It seems that he has inherited his late father's gun collection, and among the items is a 1986 HK 94, new and unfired, just maintained since its purchase. He wants $4,000.00 for it. I'm thinking I should take it off his hands, but wanted to ask you guys what you thought. He wants to use the funds to purchase other firearms he will find more useful for his needs.

Thanks
Old September 30, 2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Beretta686

That's a great price. Here's one on gunbroker that's not NIB for well north of $4k.

Maybe it's just me, but when I'm busying guns off buddies, I always try to give them a fair warning about the potential value. So if you take if for $4k without telling him what it may fetch on GB, he may be unhappy with you.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Last edited by Beretta686; September 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old September 30, 2013, 11:05 AM   #3
CharlieDeltaJuliet

I think that is a steal for it. I am an Hk fan though. The 94 will continue to climb in price IMO. If you don't mind spending it for it, I think you would make out like a bandit.
..." - Thomas Jefferson
Old September 30, 2013, 11:13 AM   #4
cmdc

We discussed that. He has looked on Gunbroker, etc., and knows that it may bring more, but he's good-to-go with the $4000. That's what he was hoping to get. I think he wants to turn it as soon as he can. Coincidentally, I have two of the guns he's wanting, because I have a pretty big collection myself. He wants a Benelli M4 and a Kimber SOLO, both of which I have. The M4 I've had for 3 years and never fired, and the SOLO I rarely shoot. I rarely if ever sell guns, but he's a cop and a good friend, and he will put both guns to good use, and I don't use them at all. I decided that it's better for them to go to a good home where they will be used than for me to hoard them and just have them sitting in a safe. I can afford to buy the HK outright, and if I decide down the road I want the others, I can just go out and get them.
Old September 30, 2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Willie Lowman

I would like to know why you aren't showing us pics of your new HK 94 yet?
Old September 30, 2013, 02:03 PM   #6
cmdc

LOL! I don't have it yet. Supposed to consummate the deal today.
Old September 30, 2013, 06:59 PM   #7
smee78

Congrats, that should be a nice piece. Only pictures will stop the harassment! Now ....where are the pics?
Old October 9, 2013, 08:19 PM   #8
airforce1

Pics!!