The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 6, 2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Redneck_Riot

Value of a BLUE SKY ARSENAL M1 GARAND?

A friend of mine wants to purchase a M1 Garand from a buddy at work but the barrel is marked blue skye arsenal, I have never heard of this before so I thought I would ask the pro's.

All of the rest of the parts are original springfield

any information on this would be helpful.

Thanks-
Old January 6, 2009, 09:59 PM   #2
alfsauve

Can't tell you the value, but can tell you about Blue Sky.

They are an importer. Any firearm brought into the US commercially, must be stamped with the importers name and location. Blue Sky has imported lot of military surplus that was "surplused" overseas. Korea is one of the main areas. I find it interesting that these are marked on the barrel which could be replaced.

Since it has been disfigured it won't be worth as much as one that was surplused in the US. Right now the value of all semi-autos is climbing rapidly.
Old January 6, 2009, 10:04 PM   #3
oldcspsarge

They were the Importer and imported a ton of Garands starting around 1987 from Korea.

They were original and parts guns sent overseas. Blue sky re-imported the US made rifles and so marked the barrels to comply with BATF regulations.

All functioned....many had pretty shot out barrels.
Old January 9, 2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Redneck_Riot

thanks for the info mine shoots accurately, the front and rear sights had to be tightened and adjusted in their dove tails, other than this I have not had any other issue.
Old January 9, 2009, 04:11 PM   #5
TEDDY

blue

redneck:get a piece of round steel and roll it on that blue sky you will be able to roll it out.its for custom purpose so it can be done.you will have to press hard but will get the hang of it.