The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 16, 2013, 03:11 PM   #26
Lemmon

Just bought a 221 Fireball Lee Loader

I like the Lee Loaders so much that I bought a 221 Fireball Lee Loader for more than I care to admit...I plan to keep it with my Remington XP100 and other 221 that I have... It was in excellent condition and most likely never used. I have a number of them most have been abused by me in years gone by. That loader does produce some very accurate ammunition. Never like the priming system but other options are available to get the primer in without it exploding in your hand... Enjoy

Lemmon from Rural South Carolina
Old July 16, 2013, 07:08 PM   #27
gwpercle

Bobby,
You got any specific questions reguarding the Lee handloader or just wanted to see if we knew about them ?
Old July 16, 2013, 08:50 PM   #28
Bobby1243

How many rounds per hr do you average and how bad is it when a primer goes off
Old July 16, 2013, 09:48 PM   #29
Blindstitch

The lee loader can be used quickly if you use only the Lee stuff. The problem I have with speed and loading is the measuring part since I use a scale. If I just took a random dip I don't think it would be all to long.

The more times you use the lee loader the faster you can get. I would assume depending on the cartridge you could probably get down to 60 seconds a piece after much practice.

The man behind it all can do it in 40 seconds.
http://youtu.be/UeEl9wZyabc

I didn't like the primer tool so I have a hand primer and it's reasonably inexpensive.

Oh if you live in an apartment the tapping might also drive your neighbors crazy especially if you do one then take a break to get a drink, do another and visit the restroom and so on.

I bought the lee hand press and like it over the lee loaders but still keep them to wack some shells around or knock out primers.
Old July 24, 2013, 06:41 PM   #30
Bobby1243

Well I bought the lee loader now I just gotta get the stuff to load any recommendations for a good 357 mag load
Old July 24, 2013, 08:25 PM   #31
jcwit

Now here is your next step, buy a reloading manual or 2. I would suggest one of them to be the Lyman manual #49.
Old July 25, 2013, 05:45 PM   #32
Ferretboy

Hodgdon (http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp) has the info I have been using, but I am new to it still myself. I have been loading 158gr LSWC, 158gr FMJ and 125gr and 158gr XTPs.