The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old January 10, 2005, 07:36 PM   #1
hrb02

Newbie Question: Bullseye Competition

I am sure this has probably been covered before, so please steer me to the threads if so.

Bkgrd: Been shooting for a long-time, farm plinking and range shooting with a Beretta 92FS. Never been involved in any competition. I would now like to start competing at a local level. Questions are:

1) How do I find competitions in the Sacramento, CA area?

2) Any recommendations on guns? I have shot and like the Buckmark target for .22 and have no real opinion or experience with .45s. I would like to stay under $2000 total for the guns, not incl accessories.

3) Are there any books, newsletters, etc that would be worth reading on technique, psychology, etc.?

Much thanks in advance,

Ray
Old January 10, 2005, 11:21 PM   #2
rbwillnj

I suggest that you check out http://www.bullseyepistol.com/ which has a wealth of Bullseye pistol information, and links to information on competition. After that, follow the link to the forum/list http://www.escribe.com/sports/bullseye/ if you join the list, you can ask question regarding local events. This is where all the Bullseye shooters hang out.
Old January 11, 2005, 01:20 AM   #3
hrb02

Thanks. Great info.