The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 7, 2017, 04:15 PM   #126
JDBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgludwig:
Not even going to try except to ask: What's the best ice cream? The "very best"?
Those of us who grew up near Philly know what the best is;
http://bassettsicecream.com/
I'll take whatever flavor I can get, but Chocolate Peanut Butter if I get a choice
Old June 7, 2017, 04:31 PM   #127
TXAZ

DoD just said the Sig Sauer P320.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old June 11, 2017, 09:15 PM   #128
monkeyfist

I just can't shoot my P320 accurately. I can't even remember now where the rounds hit the target, but I'm not good with it. I'm pretty new, but can hit fairly well with my Ruger 1911 (.45, that is).

The sights aren't adjustable, so where do I go from here? I don't really know anybody that can give me any insight as to what may be wrong. Do I just send it back to the factory and hope they adjust something?
Old June 12, 2017, 08:54 AM   #129
TailGator

Monkeyfist, you might do better by starting a new thread. This one was kind of fading a little, and your subject is kind of a new one.

User error is far more common than mechanical problems when accuracy is the issue. Your post was pretty short on details. Folks here could help you better if you go back to the range and post your results. Posting a photo of a typical target might even beat a description. Have someone else shoot your pistol if you can - a friend, an office at the range, an employee of the gun shop if they have an attached range, or even someone at the range who seems to be shooting well - shooters often are helpful sorts. You could ask at the range and/or shop whether they know someone giving lessons, too.
Old June 25, 2017, 06:21 AM   #130
cluznar

If you want something with a fairly low price get the Ruger SR 9 full size.
Old June 26, 2017, 04:04 PM   #131
RandySavage

The legendary Massad Ayoob wrote a great article on the exploits of the Glock 26 vs the Glock 17, and even against $3,000+ 9mm 1911's.

The bottom line is that the Glock 26, due to its shorter sight radius, prominent palm hump and dual-captive recoil (Gen 4) spring, allows one to shoot the G26 faster and more accurately than the G17 and even some very expensive custom 9mm 1911s. The Gen 4 springs provide more consistent barrel lockup for better accuracy, he says.
Old June 26, 2017, 05:09 PM   #132
dgludwig

Quote:
The legendary Massad Ayoob wrote a great article on the exploits of the Glock 26 vs the Glock 17,
He's also written books on SIG and Beretta pistols, extolling their many virtues. When it comes to what's "the best 9mm pistol", there are a lot of viable candidates.
Old June 27, 2017, 10:27 AM   #133
RandySavage

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people out-shot themselves using a G26 vs. almost any other pistol, with few exceptions. And no, I don't own a Glock. I had a Glock 30S and I regret selling it; I shot better with that compact .45 than I do with my full size FNS-40 (the 30S has a Gen 4 spring).
Old June 27, 2017, 04:31 PM   #134
Morgo

That sounds like a great load of nonsense with the G26.
No way is it going to out shoot a lot of other 9mms, I'm not talking about other pocket guns.
Old June 27, 2017, 07:07 PM   #135
JackC

Boring answer, but GLOCK19.

If you live in the tropics or have hot summer weather and it won't conceal easily, the S&W Shield is phenomenal. If you want to stick with a GLOCK, the 43 IMHO is a close second.
Old June 27, 2017, 07:47 PM   #136
Targa

Quote:
No way is it going to out shoot a lot of other 9mms, I'm not talking about other pocket guns.
You hear this a lot. I won't try and tell you that it will out shoot full/mid size offerings like a 92fs, CZ, Glock 19 etc..etc...but believe it or not it will give them a run for their money in the right hands. By right hands I am not talking a Jerry Miculeck just someone who agrees with the grip and feel of the little Glock. It really is a excellent firearm IMO and I miss the one I sold.
Old June 27, 2017, 10:32 PM   #137
Brownstone322

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfist View Post
I just can't shoot my P320 accurately. I can't even remember now where the rounds hit the target, but I'm not good with it. I'm pretty new, but can hit fairly well with my Ruger 1911 (.45, that is).

The sights aren't adjustable, so where do I go from here? I don't really know anybody that can give me any insight as to what may be wrong. Do I just send it back to the factory and hope they adjust something?
Based on what you wrote, I suspect it's your trigger pull. I'm much better with my Colt 1911 Lightweight Commander than with my Glock 19 Gen 4, and I'm pretty sure it's my trigger pull: A 1911's trigger moves like a sliding-glass door (and not very far at that), and lotsa people shoot them better than a striker-fired pistols with relatively mushy triggers, I think.
Old June 27, 2017, 11:25 PM   #138
RandySavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targa View Post
You hear this a lot. I won't try and tell you that it will out shoot full/mid size offerings like a 92fs, CZ, Glock 19 etc..etc...but believe it or not it will give them a run for their money in the right hands. By right hands I am not talking a Jerry Miculeck just someone who agrees with the grip and feel of the little Glock. It really is a excellent firearm IMO and I miss the one I sold.
FWIW here is the article I mentioned: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/07/ma...s-vs-snubbies/
Old June 29, 2017, 02:57 PM   #139
TailGator

Quote:
The G26 doesn't fit most pockets, certainly none of mine. But it does shoot awfully well, better than most people expect when they pick it up. If I am more accurate with my Beretta 92 and/or PX4, it is only by a small margin, and I actually shoot the G26 a bit more accurately than the G19 for whatever reason. It's a little spooky how easy that pistol is to shoot well. Morgo, how available are they down under?
Old June 30, 2017, 03:05 AM   #140
Morgo

I guess it depends on peoples view of shooting well.
For me the G26 is just too small, the grip is awkward which does not lend itself to shooting well. The accuracy was not impressive at 25 yards IMO.

If you compare it to other basic guns when shooting at 10 yards then your likely not going to see the short comings as much and the groups will look similar.

"How available are they down there"
Do you mean the G26 or handguns in general? The G26 not so much, no one wants it and it doesn't meet the min barrel length requirements. if you really want one you can get one though.
Handguns in general are available once you join a club and get a licence.