The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 16, 2008, 07:04 PM   #1
Dan31

Wade's in WA

Have any of you guys/gals been there lately? I went this afternoon and saw a sheet in bright orange saying because of some Gov regs the use of lead bullets is unacceptable for use there. If that's the case you reloaders will have to switch to jacketed bullets. I'll write it down when I go again this weekend with my buddy.
Old April 17, 2008, 10:06 PM   #2
Darkstar7

I was there in February and I think the range rules already indicated that you couldn't shoot lead bullets. All I had with me were lead wadcutters so I shot them anyway, just didn't tell anyone. My recent experience indicates that most of the indoor ranges, if not all of them, are restricting the use of non-jacketed bullets. Looks like the lead bullets will have to be used outdoors from now on.
Old April 18, 2008, 03:07 PM   #3
Dan31

That's fine I don't care for lead anyway. They ask I don't tell that I was using JHP's. Its either those or the weak cowboy loads in lead for my .44 special. I did buy some in Monroe that were orange box like HSM but weren't.

Sorry for going off tangent.