The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 20, 2000, 08:45 PM   #1
TwoGuns

Hi everyone, seem to have gotten myself in a jam. I have a Remington Model 11 12 guage autoloader. Nice gun, shoots well and reliably. I recently took the gun completely apart to clean years of dirt and grime. After I completely put the gun back together, I noticed something different when I dry fire.

When I dry fire the gun, I can hear the hammer BOUNCE off the firing pin a couple of times.

I'd appreciate it if any of you know anything about this certain gun, and if this is a common mistake.

Thanks for any help, -Jim
Old September 21, 2000, 05:30 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Jim, while I had a family Model 11 for a while, I'm no expert on it. Have you tried shooting it? It could be that it did this all the time before, and the grunge cushioned the click. Check with a good smith, my guess is the shotgun is safe and will work.