The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 16, 2019, 07:51 AM   #1
Azul69

Lee Loadmaster Priming / Powder Charge issues

So, thanks to a lot of good advice I have solved my case issues. Now I can get onto asking about the annoying things that happen once in a while.

First, every so often I will get a primer that doesn't seat right, it goes in cockeyed and causes the shell plate to not rotate. This is annoying because i have to disassemble the shell plate and remove all the shells to free it.

Second, With the Lee Auto Drum powder measure. Every once in a while, i get a partial charge or no charge. This is annoying because i don't always catch it before seating a bullet and have had to start weighing my rounds after they are loaded to see if any are too light.

Third, the plastic clip on the Auto Drum, that prevents a double charge broke. Does anyone know if i can get a replacement, i'm sure i can get a stock one, that is stronger? And any tips to set it up so it works properly?

BTW if I had found the instructions helpful, i wouldn't have these problems! lol
Old May 17, 2019, 10:11 PM   #2
Old 454

Hey check out Mike's reloading bench web site.

Great forum for Lee Loadmaster and alot of after market parts designed by Mike.
He can help you get your load master running good
Old May 18, 2019, 02:54 AM   #3
rwilson452

So, thanks to a lot of good advice I have solved my case issues. Now I can get onto asking about the annoying things that happen once in a while.

First, every so often I will get a primer that doesn't seat right, it goes in cockeyed and causes the shell plate to not rotate. This is annoying because i have to disassemble the shell plate and remove all the shells to free it.

look for dirt use a smooth motion when loading

Second, With the Lee Auto Drum powder measure. Every once in a while, i get a partial charge or no charge. This is annoying because i don't always catch it before seating a bullet and have had to start weighing my rounds after they are loaded to see if any are too light.

Some powders do this At first I would give the measure a tap with my finger. Later I switched powders.

Third, the plastic clip on the Auto Drum, that prevents a double charge broke. Does anyone know if i can get a replacement, i'm sure i can get a stock one, that is stronger? And any tips to set it up so it works properly? Call Lee
Old May 20, 2019, 07:40 AM   #4
Azul69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old 454 View Post
Hey check out Mike's reloading bench web site.

Great forum for Lee Loadmaster and alot of after market parts designed by Mike.
He can help you get your load master running good
Thanks for the Tip. I just looked him up and I think i know what's wrong!!!