The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 11, 2014, 09:59 PM   #1
WVsig

Afforadable AR500 Steel IDPA/IPSC Target

Looking at putting up a steel target in my backyard for shooting. I am looking at a 2/3 IPDA/IPSC target. I am looking at 3/8 AR500 steel so I can shoot pistol now and maybe some .223 down the road but it will mainly be a pistol target.

I am going to hang it with a center lag bolt with a slight angle down to deflect the round to the ground. There are a few on Ebay that sell for about $70 shipped. Like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR500-STEEL-...-/131291638133

Anyone have a better source?
Old November 12, 2014, 06:54 PM   #2
burrhead

I say that's a very good price considering free shipping. Don't think you'll beat it. And yes, I have several ar500 gongs.

I'm offended by people that are easily offended.
Old November 13, 2014, 08:29 AM   #3
tobnpr

I've bought my steel from Jake:

http://www.jcsteeltargets.com/

Looks like he's a few more bucks than the Ebay seller for the same item. His is top notch, no knowledge of the Ebay seller.
www.biggorillagunworks.com
Old November 13, 2014, 12:50 PM   #4
WVsig

I looked at http://www.jcsteeltargets.com/. I am also considering this shop.

https://shootingtargets7.com/store/silhouette.html

His ISPC target is Approx 12" x 24" for $86 and is throwing in a free 3" gong.
Old November 15, 2014, 08:55 AM   #5
Fox84

Thanks for the ebay link. Mine will be at my house next thursday. I'll paint it white and have at it. I have many pieces of steel. This will be my largest.
Old November 20, 2014, 07:52 AM   #6
mitchntx

Quote:
I've bought my steel from Jake:

http://www.jcsteeltargets.com/

Jake just opened up his annual group purchase on AR500 steel targets.
Old November 20, 2014, 04:14 PM   #7
WVsig

Yeah I saw that. He has a good rep but is about 50% more than others when you include shipping.
Old November 25, 2014, 05:25 PM   #8
jeepman4804

Almost all my steel is from them (GaSteel). Good people to work with and they will give you even better prices if you buy in bulk. I have 4 of the 2/3's silhouettes, 4 - 10" gongs, 4 - 8", and 4 - 6" gongs from them. Gonna be buying a set of 2", 3", and 4" after Thanksgiving. I wish they made the mini silhouette knock-overs I use. If they did I wouldn't have to shop around so much.
Old November 25, 2014, 06:50 PM   #9
WVsig

Mine arrived yesterday from Gasteel painted it and put it up today! Put a few rounds in it and love it!