The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 19, 2000, 09:55 PM   #1
BadMedicine

OK, this is really screwed up. This started yesterday I think, maybe the day before.

I usually visit the hunt and the general discussion forums. Recently, I'll click on a post in the forum, and it'll take me to a completely different post, in a whole different room?? I hit refresh and it fixed it, but then when I replied it went back to the wrong room again, [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] is going on??? It has also quit putting the new posts with a pink folder next to them, and it'll say their's a new one, but I have to hit refresh to show it, then hit refresh to see the new replies in it. Any ideas why this is so jacked up? Rich, moderators, have you guys added new sotware or changed something? Has anyone else noticed this, it's REALLY annoying.
Old December 19, 2000, 10:32 PM   #2
Hard Ball

Strange things have been happening ever since the new software was introduced, I find that some forums work perfectly while others don't.
Old December 19, 2000, 10:38 PM   #3
LawDog
Staff Emeritus

Scoot over to Suggestions, Comments and Feedback, and I'm sure one of our resident Software Magi will give you a hand.

LawDog

Bona na Croin

The LawDog Files
Old December 19, 2000, 11:16 PM   #4
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Bad-
Give me a title and Forum...that's the only way I can check it out. As for problems with the new software, there's been very few. We had some real speed problems for a while. Those are solved now. Some persons using AOL and others with Ad filtering software have had to be walked thru. The rest has been user error.

When reporting a problem, please try to give us as many of the specifics as you can.
Thanks-
Rich

ps: All caps, even in a title is considered YELLING! It's hard on the eyes and doesn't go over well in many circles.
Old December 20, 2000, 02:17 AM   #5
BadMedicine

OK Rich, the latest one is the "first kill for a golden eagle" thread started by BTR in the "hunt" forum points to the "great bumper stickers" started by David scott in the "general discussion" forum. And vice versa.

There were a couple others over a couple days, but I can't find them now. I dunno what's going on, but I tested the above one a couple times, and it's causing some confusion.

I don't us AOhelL, or ad filtering software either. No recent changes on my comp, just funky stuff on this one site

PS, I was yelling but in the future I wont (providing the software is working)
Old December 20, 2000, 09:55 AM   #6
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Bad-
I pulled up and posted to both threads without any problem. I can't duplicate the "error" and no-one else has mentioned it.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Rich
Old December 20, 2000, 09:58 AM   #7
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

I've been trying to duplicate it as well, I can't find anything wrong with either forum. Can you tell us what browser you are running, as well as the version. Also let us know of any other internet related software you are running. If it is bugged we need all of this information, it's kind of hard for us to fix it before we figure out what is wrong
Old December 20, 2000, 11:54 AM   #8
BadMedicine

I'm running Internet Explorer, not sure which version, can't seem to find my disk, or anything on it, It's fairly recent though. On the above two posts I mentioned, they sem to have half-fixed themselves. When you go into the "first kill for a golden eagle" it show's all of those responces, but when you hit "reply" the tree up top shows you are in

The firingline>General discussions>Great bumper stickers...

It's pretty strange to have these links just rearanging themselves.
Old December 20, 2000, 12:13 PM   #9
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

You can get the version number by clicking on Help, then About Internet Explorer.
Old December 20, 2000, 03:57 PM   #10
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Can anyone else confirm yes or no to problems with the following thread:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...threadid=50642
Please report back here.

Bad-
Honestly, I'm not picking on you. But what you suggest sounds like a problem on your end, especially when you say "It seems to have half fixed itself." Our software is not capable of wound repair.

Let's see if we can get confirmation one way or another from other Members. So far, you're the only complaint of this type we've seen.
Rich
Old December 20, 2000, 06:16 PM   #11
BadMedicine

hmmm. OK just blame it all on me!!

It says it's version 5.00
Old December 21, 2000, 01:34 AM   #12
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Quote:
I was yelling but in the future I wont (providing the software is working)
Well, BM-
15 hours since the call went out and there's no post corroborating your complaint. I think the problem may have been with your Browser. We're still doing some checks, but I'm open to suggestion.

We have an old axiom here: "Think Twice; Post Once"
We'll keep checking.
Rich
Old December 21, 2000, 03:58 AM   #13
Hal

IE 5.0 has problems

BM,
There's an awful lot of problems with version 5.0 of IE. Use the update feature on the toolbar and update the IE to version 5.5.
Old December 22, 2000, 01:17 PM   #14
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

Have you had any other problems lately? Or was this an isolated glitch?
Old December 23, 2000, 01:18 AM   #15

BM,
Do the free update to IE5.5 from the MicroSoft site. It will fix many problems, some of which you've yet to have been made aware.