The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 14, 2009, 06:48 PM   #1
sdkidaho

Anyone have this wallet holster? Ruger LCP

Just wondering if any of you have this and what you think of it? It's made by these guys: http://www.concealmentconcepts.com/accessories.htm Looks pretty good but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:33 PM   #2
mrgrinch

I have one and like it so far, but I've only used it for a couple of months and don't know about long term durability. I got it for carrying at school where any printing would get me expelled. It looks just like a wallet whether carried in the front or back pocket.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:11 PM   #3
SecurityGeek

I have a similar one (Holdster) from a different manufacturer. Carries well, but it's a bit of a hassle to get the pistol and and out the thing. On the plus side, it seems to make shooting a small weapon easier with my larger hands. The extra leather provides a bit more to hang onto.

Hope this helps.

- Satchel Paige
Old May 15, 2009, 07:46 AM   #4
9mm1033

Interesting concept for CC. But, $50.00 plus S&H...........I'll stick to my regular pocket holster.
Old May 15, 2009, 09:55 AM   #5
CortJestir

Sorry to burp on this thread, but yeesh , I'm not a big fan at all of having a holster that does not cover the trigger, especially in a pocket holster.

Carry on...
Old May 17, 2009, 09:48 AM   #6
sdkidaho

I hadn't seen the Holdster: http://www.artofthehide.com/ pretty much the same thing. And no trigger cover - definitely something to consider. Thanks for the input.
Old May 17, 2009, 11:59 AM   #7
BamaBowtie

Those are a BAD idea. The BATFE considers any "wallet holster" that allows the weapon to be fired from the holster an AOW and is subject to the $200 tax stamp. These holsters are legal to own without the tax stamp as long as you do not actually put the gun in it. Just trying to help you guys out.
Old May 20, 2009, 01:56 PM   #8
FJC

Did you check out the website before declaring that the ATF would have a problem with this style of holster? He addresses that on the site, stating:

The FTB-BATF classified the Holdster design as
non-any other weapon (or not a wallet holster)
primarily because it is "readily discernible as a
weapon" due to the exposed slide. As long as it
isn't modified to conceal the weapon over the slide
it is legal to own and use in conjunction with a
semi-automatic pistol without falling in the AOW
classification.

That said, I agree with an earlier poster - I'm not a fan of any holster that doesn't cover the trigger.
Old May 20, 2009, 02:02 PM   #9
rantingredneck

3 potential issues I see with that holster.

1) As has been said a couple times already, no cover for the trigger. Bad juju.

2) When you need your weapon, you need it NOW. Anything that slows down draw speed is a problem. I can see where pulling that big hunk of steel, plastic, leather all bound together out of your pocket could be more of a challenge than just drawing the gun.

3) Along those ^ same lines anything that slows down the ability to get a secure grip on your weapon (that little bitty hole for your middle finger) is a problem.

If you need a quality pocket holster at a reasonable price, look no further than www.rkbaholsters.com. Owned and operated by one of our fellow forum members.

Good stuff there........

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old May 21, 2009, 11:34 PM   #10
sdkidaho

Nice - I like the looks of that holster as well. I'll definitely contact him.

Thanks!
Old May 22, 2009, 12:27 AM   #11
mygunsbigger

different...

I personally use the Desantis pocket holster. It has a gripping materiel on the outside that makes the holster stay in your pocket when you draw the gun but its slick on the inside so its still drawn easier. As already addressed, this holster does cover the trigger and i wouldnt want it any other way. Just my $.02

16.99 from MIDWAY
Everybody seems to want a carry gun that weighs nothing, is invisible, can't miss, hits like the hammer of Thor, and never runs out of ammo. And if your choice doesn't do all this, somebody will tell you what a bad choice it is.

-44 AMP
Old May 24, 2009, 10:19 AM   #12
Ronbo1

Wallet

I had my PD shooting partner make a few wallet holsters for the Ruger. He used to sew on an aircraft carrier in the Navy and has the sewing machines to sew heavy fabric or leather. He put a flap of fabric on the top of the holster to conceal the top. The brand of Jeans I wear don't have very deep back pockets and this way looks like a wallet. I added an armalaser and need to have him restitch the holster as I cut the stitching around the trigger guard to allow the laser to fit. Great way to carry, it almost was washed once as I don't notice it there.

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves

Abraham Lincoln
Old May 24, 2009, 12:52 PM   #13
teeroux

I use this one don't know the manufacturer the shop had a box of em in differen't styles 12.99.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CSC_0797.JPG (208.2 KB, 5231 views)