The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 14, 2008, 08:32 PM   #1
Katrina Guy

Academy went up on Persuader

On line price is now $279., a few days ago the price on their website was $259. but the store price was ten dollars more, $269. Now I'm wondering if the store price is ten dollars higher (as usual with Academy) then their website.

That would be $289.! Could this be due to the frenzy to arm up in America these days???

Economy is going down the toilet and the only thing going up it seems is firearms of the home defense/assult class.

I'm calling Academy tonight and if the store hasn't gone up like their website price, I'm walking out with a new Persuader-which I was going to get next month using a gift card I receive every year for two hundred. It's getting expensive to protect one's self these days. Take heed America!

best to all always,
Katrina Guy
Old November 14, 2008, 08:40 PM   #2
zippy13

"That would be $289.! Could this be due to the frenzy to arm up in America these days???"

I think you may have just answered your own question.
Old November 14, 2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Katrina Guy

That's what I'm thinking Zippy

I called my local Academy and they're out of stock, they were never out of stock before!, guy there said the selling price is $249., but a few weeks back I priced them there and the price was $269. At any rate the out of stock part and the website's price surely must have something to do with this political climate we're presently in.

I was planning on getting one in December via a gift card for $200., me paying the difference, now it seems, and no biggy on my end, the time to buy is as soon as they restock. I know it's hunting season but no one purposely purchases a Persuader for hunting purposes that I know of, must be due to our newly elected leader of the free world, so once dubbed.

Just called, store price is $279. when restocked.
Old November 14, 2008, 10:03 PM   #4
Scattergun Bob

Katrina Guy

Hi Buddy,

I would make a suggestion, how about doing a layaway normally 33% will hold for 90 days. Talk to the Sales Manager and TELL him your concerns and ask for a discount.

Yes, price indexing is going UP and for no real reason.

Good Luck & Be Safe
Old November 14, 2008, 10:34 PM   #5
Katrina Guy

I'll try Bob.

Good advice Bob. I did ask if I could prepay for it but was told that wasn't allowed.
Old November 16, 2008, 02:02 PM   #6
Katrina Guy

Ruger Mini 14's went up $50. too!

Way to go , before long we'll all have to get AK 47's since nothing else will be affordable.