The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 29, 2007, 09:58 AM   #26
V4Vendetta

I really doubt that a officer would ever need my guns especially with all the news stories lately about cops having their own AR's.

However, in the event they do, I don't know what I'd do.

I live in a pretty rural area so city cops would be going way out of their way just to borrow my guns.

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of handing a firearm to someone I don't know even if they are a officer. I can just imagine getting sued in the event they used it.

I guess it all depends on the situation. No way would they be getting them all though.

Within each one of us there is a inch of hope, of will, of integrity. We must never lose or give away that inch. For within it we are free.
Old November 29, 2007, 10:37 AM   #27
markj

If a cop needed one of my guns I would suspect that cop. I do not own any "tactical" arms, just my handguns and hunting rifles, and shotguns.

If "they" came to take em, why Iwould hand over my old .22 shorty and send them on their way.
Old December 1, 2007, 07:08 PM   #28
Hemicuda

I have a few cop friends who know what I have... they could get a gun from me if need be...

gun and car collector.
Rare cars, and rarer guns.
Old December 5, 2007, 09:30 PM   #29
Stevie-Ray

Tough call. In my city, if a cop came to me and asked about borrowing an accurate para-military weapon, I'd probably oblige. If one demanded it in a commandeering tone, he'd get squat. This city has both types.
Old December 5, 2007, 09:54 PM   #30
easyG

I probably wouldn't even answer the knock at the door.
Old December 5, 2007, 10:35 PM   #31
SpookBoy

Im with you easyG no answer, no guns. nothing against the police by anymeans, but i think if they need something from joesmo on the streets, then i think i'd prob need it more, sooner or later.

"Once you familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage , You prepare your own limbs to wear them."
- Abraham Lincoln
Old December 8, 2007, 11:34 PM   #32
kgpcr

I would not worry about this ever happening but i would always help LEO's when they need help.
Smith M&P 40