The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 5, 2016, 06:22 PM   #1
andy123

norinco model 213 9mm (hammer issue)

Having an issues with my norinco model 213 9mm.

Main problem im having is with the hammer.

The hammer doesn't always stick when push back and its even harder to make it stick to the half cocked mode
Sometime, becoming more and more often when I pull the slide back the hammer undoes itself and uncocks the hammer . The hammer uncocks itself when pulling the slide back and even when putting a bullet in the chamber. This happens with the safety on and off. luckily the firearm did not discharge when pulling the slide back, doing so with a bullet in the chamber and trying to replace it with another bullet and with The safety off.

This is my first firearm and intent to carry it for personal protection. And new to handguns Any help and advice especially on how to fix the hammer issue would be very much appreciated.

Also I brought this gun brand-new and hammer was working fine when i first brought it 1 month ago since then i have only fired it once as a test, which when well. financially i am not in a position to buy another so again if you can help and any advice would be very much appreciate it.

The last thing I would want is an accidental discharge or it not working when needed.

Unfortunately I cannot return the gun as it was a one time deal. I paid $1100 dollars for it because am in live in Somalia (one of the most dangerous country in the world) and handguns here are very expensive. I'm here working with the somali government for business purposes and come from California USA and as you may know there are a terrorist group here (al shabab) hell bent on killing anyone working with the government. Anyway there ain't any gunsmiths here but I do have a friend who has some good experience with firearms who I will be visiting in about a month and he plans to take the gun and hammer apart to see if he can fix the issue. Do you have Any advice for him? tokarev parts are very hard to find and Chinese tokarev parts are are almost impossible to find here that why I'm so eager to find a fix. Anyway thanks again for reading. And any help and advice is would be highly appreciated

Unfortunately there aren't any delivery companies willing to send firearm part to Somalia. So ordering a replacement hammer is not possible.

Anther issue I have is that the gun still fires while the hammer is half cocked I haven't tried it with firing a bullet but the trigger pulls back and the hammer uncocks itself. So any Ideas on what to to do would be a great help.

Another question I had is can a Chinese tokarev hammer be replaced by a tokarevs made in different countries? And if so which ones?

Thank you for reading and i hope you can help

Andy

Tags
9mm , hammer adjustment , norinco model 213 , tokarev