The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 3, 2005, 05:57 PM   #1
artsmom

I wish they would make...

I started one of these in the rifle section, so here it is for the shotguns:

I wish Ithaca would recreate their trenchgun (with heatshield and bayonet lug) as they made during WWII. Looks better than the M97 and M12 trenchguns, in my opinion, and would give us an AMERICAN alternative to the Norinco trenchguns.

I wish Mossberg would make a heatshield for their heavy walled barrel version of the 590A1, thereby giving me the last piece to the ultimate trenchgun, including the speedfeed stock.

I wish someone would start making the ACTIV line of ammunition again, with their distinctive hulls, especially their 3" Penetrator turkey loads of 2 1/4 oz. of nickel plated shot. I think we have evolved enough to accept hulls that don't have the meaningless "high brass" to reassure us we are shooting good shells.

I wish all manufacturers could just drop the drams stuff on the top of the box and go with velocity in feet per second, or at least add it to the drams. I hate doing the mental gymnastics to figure out what is what.

I wish someone would reinvent the Tru Tracer ammuniton with a longer (as in indefinite) shelf life. They worked great for taking the beginning shotgunner's attention off of the recoil, and helped the beginning instructor in guessing where the heck they missed.
Old March 3, 2005, 06:33 PM   #2
Casp_A

A Winchester M97 takedown frame, all blued, with a 20" bbl, black synth furnature set, and some kind of latch that allows you to keep the magazine loaded while it's separated from the reciever.