The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 6, 2005, 11:10 AM   #26
mathman

Quote:
Some of you believe in a myth. You feel that if the person dies, then you are automatically clear of any wrong doing. If the person live, you will be sent up the proverbial river without a paddle. Do you all really think that you can fool or trick crime labs and investigations? Do you really think that if you plant a weapon on your intruder no one will figure it out? If your police department is run by the like of Barny Fife, well maybe.
Maybe they need to watch CSI....
Old November 6, 2005, 02:11 PM   #27
SeekHer

Quote:
roy reali Some of you believe in a myth. You feel that if the person dies, then you are automatically clear of any wrong doing. If the person live[S], you will be sent up the proverbial river without a paddle. Do you all really think that you can fool or trick crime labs and investigations? Do you really think that if you plant a weapon on your intruder no one will figure it out? If your police department is run by the like of Barn[E]y Fife, well maybe.

Now, if the laws in your neck of the woods do allow for death as an automatic excuse for homicide, please inform me. You live in an area that is much more tolerant of killing others then where I live.
EXCUSE ME, BUT WERE IS IT STATED THAT I OR FOR THAT FACT ANYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD ADVOCATED PLACING A DROP GUN.

I have been told by various people to do such a thing, but not here and now. Would I do that? Would I care? I state is that they better be dead because if you just wound him/her then everything that you own and every dollar you make from now on is his/hers--as he/she'll sue your ass, big time. This means SHOOT STRAIGHT & TO KILL not execute.

As to your laws in your area...maybe you should read them, newspapers and NRA publications and see how many times the law abiding citizen in your country gets F**ked over by your court system and the bad guy gets off, isn't the big ticket items on your election campaigns Law & Order or the lack thereof.

If you want to start a thread along these lines, then do so, but don't hijack this person's.

When the human race dies out, it will be because it was brainwashed to be so totally, completely, utterly safe that it no longer dared to keep on living
Old November 6, 2005, 02:32 PM   #28
roy reali

Better Laws

I guess you have better laws up there then we have here. I am specifically refering to my state.

Also, anyone refering to shots at twenty or thirty yards must live in one heck of a large home. In my house, I doubt a thirty foot shot would be possible.
Old November 6, 2005, 05:28 PM   #29
ron73644

I live in Elk City, Oklahoma, and the biggest threat to law abiding citizens around here are not criminals, but the local police dept. and the judicial system. They are loaded with a bunch of self serving jerks. They either don't have proper training or they are just stupid. It doesn't appear that they have to be accountable to anyone. In other words, it all stinks bad.
Old November 9, 2005, 08:29 PM   #30
106RR

My particular 870 patterns consistently with no fliers if I use Rem 8 pellet 00 buck loads or Fed Lite 9 pellet 00 buck. Dense patterns are not important for HD but I don't want fliers either.I haven't yet tried the new Remingtom Heavi Shot 00 buck loads. I bought some but haven't had the time to pattern. I think they might be better for bear than HD. Number 4 and number 1 buck do not pattern well for me. Yes I do use rifle sights.
There are some loads on the market now called "Dead Coyote" they have 51 pellets of tungsten F in the 12 bore 2 3/4" shells. Again I haven't had time to pattern those either.
Old November 9, 2005, 11:00 PM   #31
John 242

Hello,
Don't know if eveyone on here will agree with the info, but here is some info from FirearmsTactical.com :
http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs10.htm
Take care,
John
Old November 9, 2005, 11:18 PM   #32
Texas9000s

My interpritation of the law, in Texas, is that you have the right to use deadly force, if you are in reasonable fear, and acting to protect your personal safety and or property. There have been a couple of recent defensive shootings, here in Harris County, where the homeowner shot and killed perpertrators after the robbery had been commited, and the cases were refered to the DA without charges. Now that does not mean that the homeowner will not be charged eventually, but it does sound like they will likely be able to "beat the rap". Take that for what it's worth. I know that anyone coming into my house, uninvited, will most likely not live to tell their side of the story.
Old November 11, 2005, 08:44 PM   #33
Hello123

Just take your run of the mill shotgun, spend 3 bucks for 5 00 buckshot and put it in the corner of the room. That is alll that is really needed. Any other discussion is just for fun and is not a great improvement on that setup.
Old November 12, 2005, 08:29 PM   #34
Mikeyboy

Quote:
00buck. Birdshot is for birds. As far as penetration into interior walls, your first concern should be for the safety of your family, so just make sure they are behind your line of fire and let the 00 buck penetrate the BG.
With all due respect to Texas, If you have kids it isn't wise to assume that you can get your family Behind you when you shoot. When I had a shotgun for home defense I always had #8 birdshot as the first 2 rounds going in the chamber. After that 00 buck. If you hit someone at close range with any 12 gauge round, he will at the least go down.