The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 26, 2008, 10:40 AM   #126
Ginger

Is there some kind of computer program you can feed your floorplan and location of windows, doors, children etc. into which will then generate probabilities for different scenarios?
Old November 26, 2008, 03:23 PM   #127
Slopemeno

and the answer is....infinite.
Old November 29, 2008, 01:18 AM   #128
SmithMP

TLR2

My gun is equipped with a laser light combo so i can clear anything with one hand free at all times i love it also used by the marines and attaches to any universal rail bar and easily comes off and on
Old November 29, 2008, 05:23 AM   #129
STLRN

I would avoid clearing if possible. I have clearing hundreds if not thousands of building over the years. Even when able to use grenades, flash bangs, various breaching methods, you still take causalities. We were allot more skilled than they guys we were going after, but in going into a room with someone wanting you dead, skill is only a part of the equation. Even with the best TTPs the person assaulting is putting themselves at risk, and if you lack the ability to flood the room, chances are you will get shot.
Old November 29, 2008, 07:11 AM   #130
Kline605

I am not going to address the clear or not to clear issue. I have been trained by the military, law enforcement, and civilian trainers, and believe that the question will be answered by each individual situation.

I have use both hand held lights and weapon mounted lights and believe they both are better options than not having one. I will argue the fact that a weapon mounted light is a bad idea becuase it may cause you to shoot an inocent subject.

I would argue that these tragic incidents are caused by the shooter not following one of the four major gun handeling rules that most of us have been taught since we first started attending training. Keep your finger off of the trigger and on the frame until you have identified the target and decided to shoot.

Just my opinion
Old November 29, 2008, 07:12 AM   #131
Kline605

Sorry about the spelling, long night at work.
Old November 29, 2008, 09:12 AM   #132
csmsss

I'm just seeing this thread for the first time, and haven't read its entirety, so will not comment upon anyone else's remarks, but it's always been my opinion that mounting a flashlight or laser system to one's firearm provides your adversary with an excellent means of identifying, tracking and targeting you long before you were able to identify and target him.
Old November 29, 2008, 09:53 AM   #133
Creature

You really should read the whole post...