The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 8, 2005, 10:18 PM   #1
UT_Air_Assault

Glock Shoulder Stock

I was browsing on Gunbroker and came across this shoulder stock for a Glock (http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=29558594). Now of course owning this and a Glock pistol at the same time would constitue an SBR and it would be subject to NFA regulation. So lets suppose you did all that, and legally had a Glock with a shoulder stock. Now lets say you where to dispose of the stock and now had an unaltered Glock, but which is still in the registry as an SBR. Would this automatically cancel the NFA status of the weapon, or would you have to notify BAFT?
Or another situation, where you are legally in possetion of this SBR, and you wanted to travel out of the state. Would the mere act of removing the stock negate its NFA status (and the accompanying regulations on interstate transport), or would it still require the notice to BATF?
Old September 11, 2005, 11:35 AM   #2
CQBArms

Once an SBR always an SBR UNTIL you notify the BATFE that it isn't.
The only time I would do that is if I was moving to a state where SBR's where not allowed.
You already paid to have it listed as an SBR....