The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 5, 2014, 05:01 PM   #1
Rifleman1952

Full Sized Pistol IWB w/N82 Tactical

I had been carrying a Bersa Thunder 380 CC IWB in a N82 Tactical holster for the past several months. I found the N82 to be the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever used and have been extremely happy with the comfort and concealment of this holster. Whether going on long walks, driving or mowing the lawn, one hardly knows the pistol is there. The N82 is extremely comfortable.

I was so happy with how the N82 worked with a smaller CCW type pistol, I became intrigued with the possibility of carrying my full sized Springfield Armory XDM 9mm in the larger version of the N82 holster. I was a little concerned that a full sized pistol wouldn't work as well, but decided to purchase one and to my very pleasant surprise, the XDM was just as comfortable and concealable in my new N82! With a loose fitting t-shirt over a pair of cargo shorts, I can now carry 19+1 of 9 mm in my XDM or 13+1 rounds of 45 acp in my Springfield Armory XD 45 (the N82 Tactical works with either pistol).

Why carry a small 380 when it is possible to carry a full sized pistol, concealed, in the caliber of your choice? I'm not saying I will never carry my .380 again, but it is nice to be able to have the freedom of choice.
Old August 7, 2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Comanche

I had the Bersa thunder duo tone .380 with a sheperds leather hybrid, liked it but I stepped up to a glock 22 full size with a sheperds leather as well, I don't even print unless I bend over or squat.
I liked it so much I now carry a full size 1911 A-1 with the same type holster with no printing issues.
Old August 11, 2014, 02:02 AM   #3
Glockstar .40

I was going back and forth on which holster to get for my shield. Either the n82 or Garrett industries silent thunder fusion. Decided on the GI. But have heard nothing but great things about n82.
Old August 27, 2014, 05:02 AM   #4
fivepaknh

I received my N82 for my FS M&P 9mm yesterday. So far I'm impressed and will be ordering another one for my Shield very soon.

To me the big test is how it feels while driving. That big 9mm could be felt, but was not uncomfortable in the slightest.

Last edited by fivepaknh; August 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old August 27, 2014, 11:20 PM   #5
Yung.gunr

I need to get one for my Taurus PT709. My sweat and the AZ heat do a number on it with the leather (DeSantis IIRC) IWB holster. Had the black slide and it got all rusty. Sent it to Taurus and they put the matte stainless on it. But, after a weekend of camping with all day carrying/sweating it started getting rust spots as well. The sweat is soaking right into the leather and just cradling the gun in it. I would not recommend it to anyone.

I have heard the N82 are really comfortable to carry, but does it really work that well to keep your gun away from the moisture?