The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 10, 2017, 12:16 PM   #2101
scotchlouis

New from Florida

New member here from Tampa Bay, Florida.

Getting back into IDPA after a couple years. If anyone's going to be at Hernando Sportsman's Club in Brooksville, FL next weekend, see ya there!

Looking forward to being a part of TFL!

Daily carry: Gen3 Glock 19, Galco King Tuk or Remora holster, 147gr Federal HST
Old December 25, 2017, 06:48 AM   #2102
johnslick

hello. name is terry,and have been shooting for over 50 years now. Once had one of the largest Model 29 collections in existence,but sold them all to help my wife`s medical issues.Nice to meet you all
Old December 25, 2017, 09:47 AM   #2103
Louca

Good man johnslick (Terry), welcome to the forum.
Old December 27, 2017, 02:28 PM   #2104
WannabeMiculek

Hello TFL

I am from South-East Arkansas, gun nut, try to learn everything I can about guns and shooting. If it fires I'll shoot it.
Old January 2, 2018, 02:25 AM   #2105
Aspirant

Hi and happy new year!

Hi everyone! I've been reading up the threads on TFL for a while, and finally decided to take the plunge and sign up.

I'm from possibly one of the worst countries in the world for gun enthusiasts -- the safe but gun-prohibited island of Singapore. Very few people even want to discuss shooting (despite conscription meaning most people do know their rifles).

Outside of the military and police there are no publicly accessible ranges save for a 10-metre air rifle one, and a highly restricted and expensive-to-join gun club whose range has been shuttered for several years. I briefly got a taste of the shooting I love during a US trip in 2015, but unfortunately there wasn't the time or money to really get better.

That said, I'm joining to keep learning, make friends and eventually prep for a longer return trip in the coming years. My interests are in rifles (AR-type and precision) and defensive handgun use.

Meanwhile, let me know if you ever swing by here. It's been too long since I chatted with a fellow firearms enthusiast.

Have a safe and happy new year!
Old January 8, 2018, 11:54 PM   #2106
Yosemite Steve

Hi

Hi.

I'm Steve and I like to shoot guns.
Old January 11, 2018, 08:34 AM   #2107
Duke of Lawn Chair

Hey

Just got approved, thank you Mods. Thought I had an account here but couldn't resurrect it so had to start from scratch.

Anyway glad to be here.
Old January 11, 2018, 10:04 PM   #2108
RedHoundTargets

Hello!

Howdy. I finally joined a few days ago. I’ve randomly read threads from the forum when doing google searches over the years and figured why not finally get more involved?
On the personal side of things I’ve been shooting for about 14 years - started with 4 position small bore competition in high school and went to the nationals at Camp Perry. I’m interested in a variety of areas from antique arms (not to say I necessarily know that much about them) to competition to just aiming at what’s there with whatever I have on hand. I live in Connecticut with my lovely wife.
On a business related note I got going on a life goal of trying to make money doing what I love so I ‘never have to work’ again. That took the form of making steel targets. I’m a mechanical engineer by degree and love shooting so my goal is to design cool/useful steel targets you’ve never seen the likes of anywhere else. I’ve currently got some good old gongs up on my website and am working on introducing the first really new thing in the next few months.
Old January 12, 2018, 12:57 PM   #2109
Metallifan33

Hi,
Noob here. Just purchased my first gun (M&P 9mm 2.0)... followed by my second (Ruger SR22). Been to the range once so far and have enjoyed it. Looking forward to doing more plinking.
Old January 12, 2018, 02:31 PM   #2110
RAEIndustries

Welcome to the forum!
Old January 13, 2018, 06:17 PM   #2111
2wheelwander

New here, but have been shooting since I was a little kid. Taking the plunge into reloading and dipping a toe into precision rifle brought me here. A few years military and LE, now I'm a balding middle aged guy who moves like the guys I made fun of when I was 20.

Paybacks a bitch and her stripper name is Karma. Ugh!
Old January 16, 2018, 11:20 AM   #2112
625TC

Hello all. I am Grant from TN. Been shooting for over 40 years reloading over 30. Spent a lot of years in the shooting industry. With all that I said it has only proved to me how little I know. Looking forward to making some new friends and maybe running up on some old ones.
Old January 16, 2018, 12:45 PM   #2113
Chaparral

New here

Hello Firing Line! Chaparral from Texas here. Nice to be in a group of shooters and gun enthusiast. I greatly enjoy shooting, reloading, collecting, and talking guns.
Old January 16, 2018, 02:44 PM   #2114
Harry J

New to the Firing Line from chilly Michigan. Shooting for 40 years. Love the 1911s.
RIA 1911 5" Tact 2 (Making a target pistol)
RIA 1911 Compact Tact 2 Ultra w/CT laser grips (EDC)
Taurus PT709
Taurus PT111G2
Walther P22Q
Old January 16, 2018, 11:13 PM   #2115
SPMcfly

Wild West

Hello TFL,
New to forums in general and am more of a recreational shooter who enjoys hunting. I am from Oregon and try to hunt as many types of game as I can throughout the year. Hopefully I can help as much as recieve help on here in the future.
Old January 17, 2018, 09:50 AM   #2116
Schlitz 45

Howdy from Colorado

Long time browser figured I might as well sign up as there have been a few threads that I felt I could contribute to over the years of lurking. Mostly a 1911 guy & I have an aversion to plastic. See you in the forums, Schlitz 45
Old January 26, 2018, 10:32 PM   #2117
In The Ten Ring

Hello, time to introduce myself.

I'm Greg and I have been thinking about joining for some time now. The first online forum I joined was Parallax Bill's Surplus Rifle Forum but traffic there has been dead for some time now. I guess Facebook and the end of the cheap surplus imports really shut things down over there.

I did belong to another firearms discussion forum but so many personal attacks were allowed there I grew tired of the drama and have not been back. Hopefully people are better behaved here or the moderators actually "moderate."

I have been a gun owner since about 1991 and a shooter since about 1980. I enjoy hunting although I haven't been in a while. I enjoy target shooting and competition although I haven't done that in a while also. I carry daily, however.

I am a friendly and helpful guy by nature but I can be very sarcastic. If I offend anyone in any way, drop me a PM and I will apologize and try to smooth things over between us. Good people ought never to argue and everyone should strive to be good.

I am a big fan of Mauser rifles, flintlock muzzleloaders, the Browning Hi Power, the Kahr, and Smith and Wesson revolvers. I own a 1911 but only one. I also enjoy skiing, skydiving (32 solo jumps so far), exercise, woodworking and welding, and working on my 1972 Chevy truck. I am not married but I have a GF...no kids either.
Old January 26, 2018, 11:53 PM   #2118
brennok

Hey TFL from Florida. Currently helping some family go through a collection and this place seemed like a good resource to do some digging.
Old January 28, 2018, 07:19 PM   #2119
McHoss

New Canuck.

Hi folks.
New guy here from the Great White North.
Love these forums for all the information they provide.
Looking forward to seeing what TFL has to offer.
Old February 1, 2018, 01:40 PM   #2120
DirtyMax76

Just wanted to say Hi from Central Florida. Looking to get into USPSA here soon. Just got back into firearms...been out for quite awhile. Wasn't till I went shooting with a co-worke, that I remembered how much fun it is.

Currently I have:
1938 Walther PP .32
Walther PPS M2 9mm
Ruger American Compact 9mm
Ruger AR-556 MPR .223/5.56
Canik TP9SFX 9mm
Canick TP9SF Elite 9mm
Mossberg 930 JM Pro Series 12 gauge
Old February 2, 2018, 11:33 PM   #2121
phil1979

Hello everyone, my name is Phillip Evans, a lifelong Georgian, and I've been a gun-rights activist for a few years now. I've been an active member of Georgia Packing (other members there also post here) since 2010, so I'm not a noobie when it comes to posting on firearm forums.

I have a blog at PursuitOfPatriotism.blogspot.com.
I'm a member of Georgia Carry, Florida Carry, and BamaCarry.

Ammoland has published a few articles of mine.

Hope to get to know some of y'all!
Old February 8, 2018, 10:49 AM   #2122
JimTheTwo

New Here

Hey all. I've used your great forum for a while now to try and learn more about firearms so I've decided to join up and actually engage in the discussion.

A little about me: I'm 31 years old, married, four children all under age 12, very new to firearms (but doing my homework). I currently work as a mental health counselor for severely disabled and terminally ill children. I'm located in Pennsylvania, which, thankfully, is not the WORST state for gun ownership.

I was never into firearms at all when I was younger. A few years ago my grandfather, a former Green Beret and avid hunter, fell out of a tree while trimming. He fell about 15 ft and landed on his head. Being in his 80s, he never recovered and deteriorated over the following year until he passed away. During this time he gave me one of his rifles, a .22lr Winchester 190. I enjoyed the gun very much and this got me interested in handguns and rifles. I've since given the gun back to my mother after my grandfather died because I'm much less attached to it than she is.

I am still learning about firearms but this is becoming a huge hobby of mine. I enjoy more than anything, customization, cleaning and maintenance, and gunsmithing. Even more so than shooting! I do currently have my concealed carry permit, however I do not have a pistol that is appropriate for carrying concealed.

I am very happy to be here and a part of this community. Looking forward to learning and expanding my gun knowledge here on this forum.

Thanks,

Jim
Old February 20, 2018, 01:44 PM   #2123
EdMP3006

Saying Hi!

Hi guys! Just thought I'd re-introduce myself since it has been a long time since I was on here last...:::cough::: 10 years! :::cough:::

I live in Maryland and having gotten more into long range shooting and shot in my first PRS competition last June down in VA. Getting more into reloading also, so i'm sure I might end up picking someone's brain about something

Looking forward to be around more this time around!

Eddie
Old February 21, 2018, 08:54 AM   #2124
jonb32248

New guy here from Missouri. Do a lot of target shooting and thus a lot of reloading of 9mm. I own a Glock 19,Walther ppsm2le,Ruger sr9c,Walther ppk/s .22.
Old March 5, 2018, 11:30 AM   #2125
California Dreamin'

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to guns and shooting. I did a lot of shooting, mostly indoor range paper target shooting with handguns and some trap shooting too, in my 20's, but got out of the habit until just recently. I've been having a lot of fun rediscovering one of favorite hobbies again. My introduction back into the hobby/sport, unfortunately, was finding out about California's dreaded "Roster". I was flabbergasted at how many handguns you couldn't buy in California now, and that this has been going on for years. All the new models I've been reading about in recent gun magazines and seeing on t.v. shows were not available to residents of California. I'm still shocked and very disappointed by the whole thing. I recently joined the NRA and the CRPA (California Rifle & Pistol Association), and I was looking for a good resource for various gun questions and information, and I found this great forum. Anyway, I am quickly trying to get up to speed with what is going on in the gun world nowadays, and I am so glad to have found you all!

National Rifle Association and California Rifle & Pistol Association Member

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent