The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 12, 2019, 04:14 PM   #1
WatchMeBling

Kriss Vector 10mm with Rugged Obsidian & Extended Mag

So Kriss has finally made a high capacity 10mm magazine! Now you can have 33rds plus 1, I received mine today! It ran flawlessly!

Old February 13, 2019, 07:49 PM   #2
2wheelwander

Explain the Kriss Vector to me. When they first appeared, they looked like a gimmick gun to me. Current perception is its a quality gun but they still don't appeal to me. Looks like a LOT of bulk for reduced felt recoil (how bad can a .45 be out of a carbine?!).

I dunno, just looks like a large gun answering a question nobody asked. Not trying to be rude, but I just don't get it. Never handled one either, so . . . What am I missing?
Old February 15, 2019, 05:09 PM   #3
Skans

Quote:
I dunno, just looks like a large gun answering a question nobody asked. Not trying to be rude, but I just don't get it. Never handled one either, so . . . What am I missing?
It was designed to run full-auto with an incredible ability to hold barrel on target. Probably does not make as much sense in semi-auto, however I bet it makes a heck of a 10mm carbine. Now, if someone were to make a binary trigger for this thing, I'd be all over it!!!

Hmmmm, I spoke too soon, looks like there is a double-tap trigger for this. Hmmmmmmm.
Old February 15, 2019, 07:13 PM   #4
2wheelwander

Binary trigger, 10mm, "Pistol brace", yeah, I'd see the fun in that and could buy in.
Old February 15, 2019, 07:37 PM   #5
TruthTellers

When I was looking at non 10mm Glocks, the reason was because nobody was making extended mags for 10mm. Now that Kriss makes the mags I'm hoping ETS and maybe Glock will started doing the same.

I've heard rumors about ETS making Glock mags for the .45 in extended lengths, which would mean 10mm could be coming, but all just rumors currently. Doesn't really matter to me until someone other than Kriss comes out with a 10mm carbine that uses Glock mags.

^Not so much anymore.
Old February 18, 2019, 06:31 PM   #6
Dilbert

No problems with the mag? I got 2 of the kits and cant get them to run at all.
Gun Control-gun con┬Ětrol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
Old February 22, 2019, 07:54 PM   #7
WatchMeBling

No problem at all! It ran perfect with out any failures. I'm thinking about getting the binary trigger for it now.