The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 29, 2019, 07:47 PM   #1
Deltadart

TC Seneca Rear Sight Windage Screw source

I have a source for replacement of the windage screw on many of the Thompson Center Seneca, Patriots, and Cherokee guns. The screw is listed on Ebay. Took a fair amount of time and at no small cost to get these made up. The main thing to remember on those sights is there is a small hidden positive lock screw holding the windage screw in place. It is described in the owner's manual but most of those are long gone and people do not remember or know about that lock screw until they have ruined the windage screw. Also many of those set screws have rusted in place after having been setting for many years. First make sure the gun is not loaded. You must depress slightly the sight blade, unscrew the elevation screw, raise the sight arm, set the tension spring to the side, then the positive lock screw is accessible on the right front side of the blade adjustment block. Loosen the set screw then turn the windage screw ccw to remove it. Put the new screw in to adjust the sight blade to where it was before. Snug the positive lock screw, replace the spring, lower the sight arm then reinstall the elevation screw
Old October 30, 2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Pahoo

Good catch

Quote:
Took a fair amount of time and at no small cost to get these made up. The main thing to remember on those sights is there is a small hidden positive lock screw holding the windage screw in place.
I recall the locking screws and yes, they are hard to locate, unless you know what you are looking for. Your post reminds me to check the condition of my windage screw. There has to be a bunch out there that could use a replacement. Do you have any spares to sell, just in case I need one?

Thanks and ;
Be Safe !!!
Old October 30, 2019, 07:14 PM   #3
Deltadart

Pahoo
I put them on Ebay as a TC Seneca, Patriot, & Cherokee rear sight windage screw shipped included to CONUS for 9.95. That may seem a little much, but getting someone to tie up a CNC for a small job is not too easy. If someone here wants to buy here they can contact me and get the screw for 9$ shipped. Ebay charges 1.30 each, plus the stamp to get them to someone plus set up cost and manufacturing cost, plus shipping to me. Not getting rich off a few screws, just wanted the screws on my Patriot, and both Senecas fixed, but I had to buy a small lot. I don't blame the manufacture, those CNC machines are not cheap to buy and they do that for a living.