The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old October 25, 2013, 06:22 PM   #1
IdahoCarry

Unilaterally locking threads before they are finished is wrong!

I was challenged by your staff and senior members to present evidence of my assertions on Open Carry vs Concealed Carry. I informed them that I could not respond until after my event last night and that I would answer all of their questions this weekend. I have never seen anyone lock a forum before all of the points were addressed and the fact that it generated as much traffic as it did was good for your position with Google.

Please explain why you would close the thread before I had the opportunity prove my points.
Old October 25, 2013, 06:49 PM   #2
SaxonPig

No knowledge of your specific incident, but IMWO while not nearly as bad as some other forums I have experienced, once in a while it does strike me that topics are on occasion locked pretty early.
Old October 25, 2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

It is generally considered polite to, at the very least, seek clarification of an action directly and in private rather than openly on the public forum.

It was assumed by staff that your evidences/revised treatise would be posted to a new thread, which would make it more visible anyway and would also serve to restart the discussion on topic as the existing thread had veered into unrelated territory.

No offense was intended.

Please direct future questions about specific staff action directly to the staff, in private. Thank you.
Closed Thread