The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 22, 2011, 06:53 PM   #1
colostomyclown

Wingmaster locked up

So, I disassembled my Wingmaster after not having taken an 870 down in a few years. Everything went fine, I went to reassemble, put slide and bolt assembly into the receiver, and went to put in the trigger assembly elevator and noticed that the forward pin did not line up. The shell stop on the right side of the receiver looks like it's slammed forward a bit and blocked the pin from going through the receiver on right side. I got the trigger guard out but now the slide and bolt assembly seem stuck inside the receiver.

what to do now?
Old July 22, 2011, 07:16 PM   #2
colostomyclown

Well, I'm an idiot. I'm a Mossberg guy, so I did this in reverse order..the trig assembly should've gone in first. I'm going to try and position it and see if the latches will disengage the slide?
Old July 22, 2011, 07:47 PM   #3
colostomyclown

I forced the shell stop back CAREFULLY and it slid back and popped out. It will have to be re-staked I'm guessing? Bottom line, everything came out properly...