The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 7, 2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Marcelo05

J&G Sales - poor customer service

I ordered a rifle from them over a month ago (Apr 2009) and after requesting several times (by phone and email) for the status of the order I received the typical "your order is still in process". So today after I insisted on my order they finally told me: "Sir. your rifle is out of stock and backordered".

I decided to cancel the order and take my business somewhere else. I have to admit that am surprised that J&G Sales are still in business, but if they keep treating their customers like this they will not last long.

I will not order from them again.
Old May 9, 2009, 02:44 PM   #2
RamSlammer

To the contrary, I have ordered several guns from them and received better than advertised quality with fast shipping and exceptional customer service!
Old May 9, 2009, 09:04 PM   #3
TEDDY

j&G

I have bought barrels and cases of ammo from them no problem.things are frantic now with every thing back ordered.from another copany I have been waiting for order for 3/4 wks now I am down to one idem on back.I will wait as i have done business with these people for 40 yrs.
Old May 10, 2009, 03:06 PM   #4
oldcspsarge

They have been around for a long time. I have purchased from them over 20+ years. My experiences have always been positive with no problems.

They do advertise in the rag aka: shotgun news and the ads are stale by the time most people see them. They do a lot of business and usually will confirm if an item is in stock. SGN ads are a minimum of a month old when they hit. With the internet site..you can see what J&G has in stock and current prices.

I would say their pricing is market based...they are in business to make $$$ and they make lots of it !

YMMV
Old May 10, 2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Nisei

How many times have you done business with them? Is this your first time? Maybe you should give them a second chance.

I have done business with them for a while with no problems.

No matter where you go, if you order something unaware that it's on back-order you will be treated with the "your order is still in process" gig every time, everywhere.
Old May 10, 2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Storm52

I've dealt with them in the past and they have always met and exceeded expectations. I still recommend them to many others.
Old May 10, 2009, 06:29 PM   #7
Hkmp5sd

I've purchased firearms from them and have had no problems.

NRA Life Member