The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 15, 2017, 12:33 PM   #26
brian33x51

I did buy a thunder 380 before we got married ... I guess 12-13 years ago. Now the kids are older we've gone out shooting more and she does like this pistol. It shoots very well.

I would prefer it if she were to move up to a 9mm pistol as she improves. It's cheaper to fire and from all the videos and stats I've seen a 9mm is more consistent with hollow point performance.

Me personally I only feel comfortable with a striker that has a manual safety, but I have no problem with a decocked hammer fired pistol with the safety disengaged (like the bersa). We may have to go gun shopping for her in the future.
Old October 15, 2017, 12:39 PM   #27
glockman55

My Wife Carries a Sig P232 now.. she has carried in the past a Glock 23, and a Glock 26... She shoots most of my guns, put likes the Sig P232 for it's size and She shoots it well...Attachment 105967... Her choice as it should be..

Last edited by glockman55; October 16, 2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old October 15, 2017, 01:50 PM   #28
HistoryJunky

My wife can't rack the slide on most semi-autos. I of course recommended the CorneredCat website. Not sure if she read all of it or not.

Anyways she was dead set on having a .22, because that was all she could rack. She has neuropathy and lacks a lot of hand strength. She's always been afraid of the recoil of my Centerfire pistols as well.

She bought a Ruger SR22 that she likes a lot. She shoots it any time we go shooting. It's better than nothing, and at least I know she will practice.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk