The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 21, 1999, 01:29 AM   #1
TDB4

Doe's Anyone Know Where I Can GET Stripper clips, For A British .303 MK4? The Gun Parts Corp. Catalog Don't Come Out Till October. So Lend a Hand If You Can

------------------
FREEDOM AIN'T FREE!

Old August 21, 1999, 11:42 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

You can call Gun Parts, even though the catalog doesn't come out till later. They sometimes can tell you if they have it.

HJN
Old August 21, 1999, 01:40 PM   #3
Destructo6

You might try Springfield Sporters, Inc at (724)254-2626. They sell tons of Enfields and related parts.

IMA (908)903-1200 or www.ima-usa.com also advertises tons of Enfield stuff. In fact, here's the link to the page (towards bottom) offering them: http://www.ima-usa.com/p97.html
Old August 22, 1999, 04:10 AM   #4
Snickersnee

Shotgun News, which is available in every newstand around here, usualy has a section with all sorts of parts for Enfields for sale, including stripper clips.
Old August 24, 1999, 10:12 PM   #5
Big Bunny

Take care with the rims arrangement and the right way up when loaded!Have fun, the clips here are sold for less than 5c each, but Gunparts will be $1.50, I bet.

------------------
***Big Bunny***
Old August 25, 1999, 01:48 PM   #6
Danger Dave

You might want to try SARCO, too. The have a website - www.sarcoinc.com .

And what Big Bunny said about the rims - absolutely watch the stagger! I think that's the only real problem with the Enfield as a WWII battle rifle - the rimmed casings. I used to do WWII reenactment (No. 2 Commando) - when you get rims crossed in your magazine and try to work the bolt - forget it! You wind up picking the rounds out with your fingers until you get to some that work. After fighting with this a few times, I carried my quick reload ammo loose and just used the stripper for extras.

For some reason, I never had trouble with Soviet equipment (Tokarev and Mosin-Nagant's) using stripper clips, even though the 7.62x54 has a larger rim than .303.
Old August 25, 1999, 05:02 PM   #7
Destructo6

The Nagant uses a different magazine setup that doesn't require the rims to be "upper forward". It also loads and ejects better than the Enfield. The Enfield it so pretty and smooth, it deserves a better mag setup.