The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

View Poll Results: Are even unarmed people a deadly threat to a pregnant woman?
Yes... 43 75.44%
No... 1 1.75%
Your question is too vague... 6 10.53%
Why do you keep posting these stupid polls that make everyone argue and get threads locked? 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 18, 2008, 04:56 PM   #26
David Armstrong

Quote:
I will take my lumps with the law later.As i have said before i'm no going to analize a situation to death,while my pregnant wife and i are being assaulted.David if you want to back down and let your wife get assaulted then by all means go right ahead but not me.
You won't do your wife and the baby much good if you are in jail "taking your lumps" because you didn't care about the law. And nobody has said a thing about analyzing a situation to death or backing down or letting anybody get assaulted or anything like that. If you can't understand that there are lots of options between backing down and killing somebody, you might want to try looking at things a little more.
Old October 18, 2008, 05:04 PM   #27
Tennessee Gentleman

I think Kathy hit the nail on the head. While you may have a duty to retreat in some states you cannot be expected to do so if you cannot do it safely or reasonably.
I think the sister pulling the hair is not a good example and a bit of a red herring as you would be able to stop that one with your fists. This is of course unless your sister-in-law is Xena the Warrior Princess
Old October 18, 2008, 10:33 PM   #28
dabigguns357

Ok i'll take out my asp baton and beat their #$%& into submission while my wife calls po-po and waits for the next available officer friendly to show up.There no killing and the said b/g's won't even have the strength to resist arrest.
Old October 18, 2008, 10:59 PM   #29
freakshow10mm

Whoops! Read the title not the question. Change that "no" to a "yes". Also, unarmed attackers can be deadly to anyone regardless of prego or not.
Old October 19, 2008, 02:51 PM   #30
David Armstrong

Quote:
Ok i'll take out my asp baton and beat their #$%& into submission while my wife calls po-po and waits for the next available officer friendly to show up.There no killing and the said b/g's won't even have the strength to resist arrest.
That's cool if that is a reasonable response to the threat. That is the issue the law is going to be looking at. There are all sorts of physical attacks, all sorts of dangers. The response has to be reasonable given the danger the attack reasonably poses.