The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 16, 2011, 08:35 AM   #26
JWT

Take it to a smith, have it fixed correctly, and present your 'friend' with the bill. I'd want a smith to check it out if it was mine.
Old August 16, 2011, 08:35 AM   #27
oneounceload

Use a bore brush in a cordless drill to try and clean the chamber with some oil or lead solvent
Old August 16, 2011, 05:23 PM   #28
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
anyone know if this thing was rifled? hope if it was or something similar, it didnt screw that up. but chances are since it screwed up the inside anyways (that was determined when i found out what happened) how should i go about repairing it. undoubtedly it scraped up the inside pretty good anyways. just curious.
Rifled barrels don't have chokes in them and you do not have a model T because they didn't go that high. If you have the full choke you have one of the first variants and you might be looking at an F only obscured to look like a T. If you have the C-lect choke it is one of the second variants. To the best of my knowledge this shotgun never had a slug barrel for it. Just between you me and the neighbors dog cleaning will not help if something is cracked or broken, you need a good qualified gunsmith to determine that.

Variants
1.1 D
1.1.1 D-A
1.1.2 D-B
1.1.3 D-C
1.1.4 D-D
1.1.5 D-E
1.1.6 D-F
1.1.7 D-G
1.2 K
1.2.1 K-A
1.2.2 K-B
1.2.3 K-C
1.2.4 K-D
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old August 16, 2011, 11:51 PM   #29
TheKlawMan

Quote:
what a headache this has all become. one day everythings fine, i do a so-called friend a favor expecting him to be intelligent and this is what i get. handful of headaches. **bangs head against the wall**
No favor goes unpunished.
Old August 17, 2011, 09:39 AM   #30
colostomyclown

correct me if I'm wrong but everything on the gun can be repaired or restored by a competent gunsmith?

find one, instruct him on what happened and what youd like done both chamber and choke, pay the man and submit the bill to your friend in small claims court. it's a hassle but he deserves it. if he won't be a man on his own accord, force him to.

Tags
jam , malfunction