The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 1, 2013, 03:00 PM   #1
divil

moving to Indianapolis

It looks like I'll be moving to Indianapolis for my job. What is the shooting scene like there? Any good ranges? I like to shoot both pistol and rifle - I'd really like to find a good outdoor rifle range. Right now I live in Lawrence, KS, and the range situation here kind of sucks. There are a few indoor places nearby but all the really nice ranges are private and very reclusive. I've just begun to make progress in joining a really nice private club out here in KS, but now it looks like I will have to move.Thanks!
Old February 2, 2013, 09:18 PM   #2
berettaprofessor

I see no one has replied yet. I don't know about the range situation in Indy, but I imagine it's pretty decent. Indiana has lifetime concealed carry and is mostly a gun-friendly state. The best side for ranges is probably going to be the southwest area....closer to Brown County and Camp Atterbury where the hunting is more "southern family" style.