The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old February 1, 2000, 11:49 PM   #26
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

Mal,

In reality (or at least MY version of it ), I'm not much of a beer snob. I truly like *most* beers.

Shiner Bock is not like the real German bock beers - they are very dark, thick, almost sweet, deceptively potent, and (so far as I know) only on draft. Shiner Bock (to me) tastes like the local German Hells Bier (light beer) which I consumed in remarkably irresponsible quantities for many years.

I hope you enjoy the Shiner Bock. As you can see on their website, they make several different beers.

At my (now) son-in-law's bachelor party they had a keg of Shiner blond. It tasted mild. I chatted with the old timers there by the keg. Leona drove home (some 80-90 miles) in about five minutes as far as I could tell. That Shiner blond sneaked up on me and knocked me out -- er, that is, it made me very sleepy (ahem). Smooth stuff those Shiner beers....

Check for the remote between or under the couch cushions. That's where the danged thing always seems to end up. Might even find a quarter there!
-----

All,

By the way, I had hoped to arrange a TFL get-together in Shiner. After a day of shooting and playing "First liar doesn't stand a chance!" I had hoped we could take a tour of the Spoetzl Brewery.

Bad news. There are no ranges anywhere in the Shiner area. Folks hunt and practice on private land and a group of TFLer shooters (some with full-auto weapons) probably would send the entire community of Shiner into some kind of a spasm!

Perhaps if we could guarantee a large number of attendees (whatever *that* might mean!) we could get the back of the local big wigs, but I doubt that would be much of an option.
-----

Glad you enjoyed the Shiner Bock. Remember now,
If you have a friend, give him a Shiner!
Old February 2, 2000, 06:42 AM   #27
Bulldog

ROAD TRIP!

Hows about this, Dennis... We all meet at Red's in Austin for the shootin', and we make the little drive to shiner for the drinkin', er, uh... picnic!

------------------
NRA, GOA, TSRA.
www.geocities.com/shootinbulldawg
Old February 2, 2000, 07:04 AM   #28
Bud Helms

A picnic! ...

Wait ... what was that about fifty bucks? FIFTY BUCKS?

I'm going back to "Handloading and Reloading". Fifty bucks, ... let's see that's almost enough for 500 Ranier 200 gr plated Trunc Cones ....
Old February 2, 2000, 01:16 PM   #29
DorGunR

Dennis:
I am amazed at your writing ability, my eyes are wet and my side hurts from laughing so hard. Sir, if you do not earn your living as as a writer.....you could easily!
Thank you for your above post's, they were simply GREAT.

------------------
"Lead, follow or get the HELL out of the way."
Old February 2, 2000, 01:58 PM   #30
Mal H
Staff

DorGunR - You ain't seen nothin' yet if you haven't read Dennis' "Metal and Wood" in the Library section: http://216.199.9.84/Misc/library/Metal_and_Wood.html

Sometimes he makes us very proud to know him. And then there are the other 99 out of 100 times....
Old February 2, 2000, 02:17 PM   #31
DorGunR

Mal H:
Not only did I read "Metal and Wood", I also copied it to the "2nd Ammendment" file in my hard drive. That is certainly a beautiful piece of work. I hope Dennis does not mind if I send a copy of "Metal and Wood" to my Son who is away in college.
All of you guys are doing a great job...my hat's off to you all. Thank you again.
Regards
Jim

Old February 2, 2000, 05:31 PM   #32
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

DorGunR,

Thanks for the kind words. I only type what "the voices" tell me!
To "make a living" at much of anything would be a remarkable change! LOL!

As for Metal and Wood, all I ask is you put my name and The Firing Line on it.

Old February 2, 2000, 05:46 PM   #33
DorGunR

Dennis:
ouote:
"As for Metal and Wood, all I ask is you put my name and The Firing Line on it."
Sir, I would NEVER make a copy without giving credit where credit is due. Thank you. I know that my Son and his friends will love it, you see, their "politics" is somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun.
Thanks again.
Jim

[This message has been edited by DorGunR (edited February 02, 2000).]
Old February 6, 2000, 05:34 PM   #34
Svt

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mal H:
We really can't because we're smoking Cub..., er uh, fine Dominican cigars and, frankly, there isn't enough to go around. [/quote]
I was on vacation in Budapest, Hungary January 8th to January 20th. I still have 3 boxes of Cubans that errr I accidently packed in my bags. NOW LEMME IN AND I'LL SHARE!!!!!!

------------------
Svt
Son's Place

Rangers Lead the Way

[This message has been edited by Svt (edited February 06, 2000).]
Old February 6, 2000, 07:34 PM   #35
Mal H
Staff

I think you better get rid of those real fast. My address is ....

BTW, do you know what the T in BATF stands for?
Old February 7, 2000, 11:21 AM   #36
Svt

The "T" stands for uhmmmm
Bureau of Toothpaste and Firearms?
Old February 8, 2000, 09:39 AM   #37
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Guys, this club is invitation only...
Dont worry - You'll get your invites if you continue to be worthy...
And since I dont smoke or drink - I will save up my ration stamps for you guys to abuse in your welcome aboard party.

You'll need them after Hazing and Hell Weeks!

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!
Closed Thread